Still on lookout for GN 15x10 wheels

windshearalert

windshearalert
Looking for a set of widened GN 15x10 wheels - I know there are the aluminum ones out there, but I wanted to find a pair that wont look different than the stock front wheels. Im not picky on looks, as I want to use them for track time only. Thanks!

I never realized they did the steel wheels! I saw the aluminum ones and thought that was it. Thanks so much!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390459354.995886.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390459366.223686.jpg

Try this place ! I heard good things about them

I never realized they did the steel wheels! I saw the aluminum ones and thought that was it. Thanks so much!

No Problem. I think Brian can get you aluminum ones that look exactly like the steel ones... The weight difference is huge between the aluminum rims and the stock steel ones!

If you go with Tru-Design (or G-body) ask if they're still using the same supplier for outer rims they were using 8, or so, years ago. If so MAKE SURE to keep them waxed or get them clear coated.

I got a set years ago and the damn things started rusting within minutes of unboxing them.

Thanks Earl, that was another thing I was wondering about. The aluminum wheels would prob be a smarter, and lighter option. I have to tell you, the front cover I bought from you is a work of art my friend! I will always recommend a cover from you!

If you go with Tru-Design (or G-body) ask if they're still using the same supplier for outer rims they were using 8, or so, years ago. If so MAKE SURE to keep them waxed or get them clear coated.

I got a set years ago and the damn things started rusting within minutes of unboxing them.
Earl it was never the steel it was the chroming facility. I have 1 of the first sets on my 86 from way back in 99. I have a little just bubbling now finally on the out side edge.
Aluminum doesn't rust ;) If you want a set of aluminum's let me know.
James were you even into these cars in 99? ;) get Jim to pay like the other vendors do. Posting his prices would be nice. Not just what he feels like charging that day.

It's definably crappy chrome, that's for sure. Oddly enough the outside edge of mine is fine. It's the dish and ESP the bead area that's rusted up on mine. By the time I realized how quick they were to start pitting, it was too late. I just try to keep wax on them to slow it down.