Sticking IAC?

Tom Kelly

Like many of us, I don't drive my GN from Thanksgiving until Easter. Each year I check TPS and IAC readings to get off on the right start. I usually start with an IAC setting of 10 and rarely have to touch it after that because it stays within that 0-20 range all season long. I have developed the habit of taking a look at both of these on the scanmaster when putting the car away (while I am letting the turbo cool down). This year I have noticed that most of the time the IAC is reading in the 50's at warm idle after a drive.(car continues to run perfectly) If I shut off the engine and restart, IAC reads at 0 and climbs to around 6-10. Is this a sign that the IAC needs to be cleaned? Or beginning to fail? Just wondering.

Like many of us, I don't drive my GN from Thanksgiving until Easter. Each year I check TPS and IAC readings to get off on the right start. I usually start with an IAC setting of 10 and rarely have to touch it after that because it stays within that 0-20 range all season long. I have developed the habit of taking a look at both of these on the scanmaster when putting the car away (while I am letting the turbo cool down). This year I have noticed that most of the time the IAC is reading in the 50's at warm idle after a drive.(car continues to run perfectly) If I shut off the engine and restart, IAC reads at 0 and climbs to around 6-10. Is this a sign that the IAC needs to be cleaned? Or beginning to fail? Just wondering.
IAC gets parked and reset with each restart. IAC will vary from idle with fan on, in gear, not in gear, AC on or combos of all mentioned. Best target is to get it low when its fully warmed and not in gear and fan and such arent running.