Steve Hurst:

Life is a gift. A very precious gift. We must not take this for granted. A few weeks ago, when I was getting ready to order plaques for this weekends car show. Something pulled at my heart and told me to also do a lifetime achievment award. To thank Steve for his devotion of bringing people together for over two decades, of Turbo Buick gatherings. Over the next week, I asked many Turbo Buick people, if they wanted to pitch in and we'd all get him this plaque. 100% of people asked supported this, and most said that it was long over due. As the show got closer. I tryed to call Steve, to make sure that he would be on hand, but got no answer. For the good part of a week, I left messages, saying that we had a livetime achievment award to give to him. A few days ago, Steve's sister (Barbra) answered his phone. She told me that Steve was in the hospital and was not going to make it. She also told me, that a few days before, when Steve could still hear and respond to people by blinking his eyes, she had told him about the message that I had left on his answering machine about everyone getting him a Lifetime Achievment Award. Steve responded that he understood who it was from, and what it was for. As far as I'm concerned, This was when he was acknowledged for the achievements he had done. This award was not, or will not be given posthumously. Even though he didn't get to take the plaque home. He recieved acknowledgement for earning it, and I'm sure was grateful. His daughter (Tiffany) is planning on attending this Saturdays car show and will be given his plaque.

coolcarshowplaques005.jpg

We are going to set up a table at the show on Saturday, of BGNRA memorabilia. Hope to see people bring some cool stuff.

Mike Barnard
BGNRA #6905
It was great that his family was able to let him know about the life time achievement award Plaque before he passed on. Our condolences to him & his family.

I received an email this morning at work informing me that Steve had passed away. I am at a total loss for words. I will say outright he's been an inspiration to me from the time I meet him in 2000. He will be missed and I hope others can see all the good he has done to keep these cars alive over the years. I truly wish his family all the best during this time of trial. Rest in peace friend.

So sorry to hear about this. I am thankful for all that he's done in our small community, especially with the Bates farm shows.

Mike, very nice gesture on the plaque. He certainly deserves it!

Rest in peace Steve...

Steve Hurst, user name "HURSTBUICK" on TB.Com,President of the Buick Grand National Racing Association (BGNRA) passed away early this morning (06-28-2012) due to complications and infections from stomach surgery.
A "Celebration of Life" will be held at his daughters house @ 3280 Star Canyon Circle, Corona, CA 91720.
Mike Barnard, user name "SPOOLFOOL2" on TB.Com has been in contact with his family and will post more details when he can.
Over the years, Steve Hurst has been a driving force in keeping the Turbo Buick Grand National, GNX, & turbo Buick T-Types alive and in the limelight.
Steve, God Bless & Godspeed, and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Steve and I butted heads a few times over the years but you cant take anything away from the efforts Steve put into our cars. He was passionate about our hobby and will be sorely missed.

RIP Steve

Wow!! What a bummer. I'll never forget Steve. He was always there to promote ANY turbo buick gathering there was!!

Go with God Steve! Our prayers are with you. May God comfort Richelle!

Just got off the phone with Steve's sister. She said that if anyone wanted to send, or bring flowers to the celebration on Sunday, that would be great and appreciated.

Mike B.

RIP Steve you will be missed!

I remember going to Knott's Berry Farm back in 1999 for a chicken dinner with my GF and when I came out there was a BGNRA business card on my windshield.

The next day I called him and we talked forever. I had some aftermarket parts that I was going to be installing and was currently going through Kenne Bell and Mike Doyle out in Rancho Cucamonga. After talking with Steve he said "You Need To Talk With Lou Czarnota" The rest is history.

I just wanted to thank ALL of you guys for your very thoughtful posts regarding my Dad, Steve Hurst. He truly LOVED Buicks and the shows and every aspect of being involved with all of you. He will most definitely be missed. A good man, a good father and a Buick Enthusist to the end!
Again....THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

Finally, if you would like to attend, my sister Tiffany is hosting a "Celebration of Life" party at her house in Corona this Sunday @ 3pm. Her address is 3280 Star Canyon Circle, Corona, CA 92882.