Stereo?? Yes/No

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Who has said the he’ll with it and ripped their stereo out. I really don’t listen to it anyway. Honestly, I may drive the car 2/3 times a week so it really isn’t utilized? Can’t it affect voltage and possible fuel pump issues? Thanks!

I did...used a face plate with 2 gauges in it. Reason is in my sig. Less weight equals free HP.

Yeah, that’s my thoughts. I’m going to put those 2 gauges that are in the console in a faceplate.

Shamelss plug from my channel. I got it from TR Customs and you can see it in my vid.

Who has said the he’ll with it and ripped their stereo out. I really don’t listen to it anyway. Honestly, I may drive the car 2/3 times a week so it really isn’t utilized? Can’t it affect voltage and possible fuel pump issues? Thanks!

This is such a terrible idea! What are you going to do when you take the honey up to park at Inspiration Point, play the harmonica? Not a good combination for kissing. ;) Besides, what will it save, 1/10,000 of a second on the ET. A good stereo is one of the best things about a road trip with the bumper music playing.

052ce07c51cf7ee9b1899097ebfddb16.jpg

This is such a terrible idea! What are you going to do when you take the honey up to park at Inspiration Point, play the harmonica? Not a good combination for kissing. ;) Besides, what will it save, 1/10,000 of a second on the ET. A good stereo is one of the best things about a road trip with the bumper music playing.
Hate music. It reminds me of happy people. :mad:

All kidding aside............

I wouldn't remove the radio. I would focus on maintaining it and possibly improving its quality. That doesn't mean put some modern shit in it with blinky LED and touch screen either. I mean do some of the things that some of the Audio Gurus have done here. Upgrade it's internals, upgrade its speakers, hide an amplifier.....whatever. I know nothing about audio equipment so I can not advise. But I know others have done it and maintained a stock appearance.

As a group, we are not trying to be the fastest cars on the street anymore. Those days are over. There was a time when we did anything we could to maintain that title at any cost. Today, don't bother. Just build a quality ride that you can enjoy. Sure, you should be able to surprise or even spank someone now and then. But not at the risk of turning your ride into a dated shit-box tired race car. Guys are going 8's with AC these days.

How will you feel when you go to the track with a gutted race car that runs 11's?

All kidding aside............

I wouldn't remove the radio. I would focus on maintaining it and possibly improving its quality. That doesn't mean put some modern shit in it with blinky LED and touch screen either. I mean do some of the things that some of the Audio Gurus have done here. Upgrade it's internals, upgrade its speakers, hide an amplifier.....whatever. I know nothing about audio equipment so I can not advise. But I know others have done it and maintained a stock appearance.

As a group, we are not trying to be the fastest cars on the street anymore. Those days are over. There was a time when we did anything we could to maintain that title at any cost. Today, don't bother. Just build a quality ride that you can enjoy. Sure, you should be able to surprise or even spank someone now and then. But not at the risk of turning your ride into a dated shit-box tired race car. Guys are going 8's with AC these days.

How will you feel when you go to the track with a gutted race car that runs 11's?

I like the way you're thinking. I'd of given it a dozen likes if it were possible.

Yeah, but you have to turn your hearing aids up to 10. If you had a stereo with blue tooth and a microphone in the engine bay you'd have both. :LOL::LOL:

I was a serious track racer. Knowing what was going on with the engine/transmission took precedent over a stereo.

Shamelss plug from my channel. I got it from TR Customs and you can see it in my vid.

What’s up with that shifter? Is that another button you have embedded on the right side of your shifter? Or is it just the camera angle making it look longer / like it sticks out more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can effect volts for sure depending on how its wired and how many watts,I had over 4000 watts in mine for years.its your car though and pulling the stereo is really your choice,if your trying to go fast anything you can just remove is free weight.if your not using it and you can grab an edge if your racing pull it,you can always put it back if you want to.

It can effect volts for sure depending on how its wired and how many watts,I had over 4000 watts in mine for years.its your car though and pulling the stereo is really your choice,if your trying to go fast anything you can just remove is free weight.if your not using it and you can grab an edge if your racing pull it,you can always put it back if you want to.

Dang, if I remember my conversions right that's over 300 amps just for the stereo. That baby had to be smokin.

My decision has zero to do with weight or wanting an all out race car. I was just curious as to who drove around without one. And was told about the stray volt part