steering shaft / intermediate shaft

HX box is that from an F-body I use them from grand cherokee 93-98 fast ratio correct turning radius good stiff feel to them

HX box is that from an F-body I use them from grand cherokee 93-98 fast ratio correct turning radius good stiff feel to them

Yes, off a F-body.
The Cherokee actually has too much turing radius, like 43 degrees, more that the stock G-bodies 39 degrees.
Also the Jeep boxes have a smaller torsion bar that the Xh Box.

Can someone measure the diameter of the largest part of the rag joint compared to the diameter of the jeep shaft? My rag joint rubs hard enough on the header in my car at the widest part I can't drive it.. This would be the perfect way to fix that..

Arthur

Can someone measure the diameter of the largest part of the rag joint compared to the diameter of the jeep shaft? My rag joint rubs hard enough on the header in my car at the widest part I can't drive it.. This would be the perfect way to fix that..

Arthur

Arthur,

I don't currently have a Rag Joint to measure, but I can tell you the Jeep U-joint is definitely smaller than the Rag Jount.

Thanks,
Dave

On the jeep shafts get one from a 93-96 reg cherokee or 93-94 grand cherokee they have a tighter rubber coupling than the earlier ones

I installed mine last week. It is a direct bolt in. Thanks to LSJM1 for getting a shaft to me. I did have to modify the top clamp because it is quite wide but it works great now..

I will post some pictures up If I get a chance..

Arthur

Got mine in too. Here are a few pics

32773494889_large.jpg

32774017979_large.jpg

32774017975_large.jpg

Hell Yeah 93-94 grand cherokee are the best ones.Regular Cherokee shafts tend to wear out the rubber bushing

did any of you run into a problem and have to make a notch on your steering column stem for the upper mounting bolt? or did i get the wrong year jeep shaft?

did any of you run into a problem and have to make a notch on your steering column stem for the upper mounting bolt? or did i get the wrong year jeep shaft?
Good question. I have had my shaft awhile now, and would like to get it on at some point. I hope not to run into any issues.

No problems with mine. but the column shaft has the 2 flats, the on one of the round sides it had a VERY shallow groove that allowed the bolt to go through. but that is just my column.

Yes upper bolt makes contact with the shaft I hear you can tap the bolt in with a hammer and get it started or you can grind on it for 30 seconds like I did

my buddy did mine but didn't say he had any problems other than it was a tight fit...but id rather it be tight than loose:)

Does anyone know if the Jeep shafts work on newer S-10's? My 98 S-10 has a worn out rag joint and I can't find a replacement.

i dont know why you guys arent just taking 5 min to drill the jeep shaft so it can be bolted through. you know your never going to check it again and a few years of driving and boom no steering. i did it to my T and MC and have piece of mind. your already there just do it for you own safety.

i dont know why you guys arent just taking 5 min to drill the jeep shaft so it can be bolted through. you know your never going to check it again and a few years of driving and boom no steering. i did it to my T and MC and have piece of mind. your already there just do it for you own safety.

9secWH1, i have this shaft that I have yet to install on my car. What hole are you referring to to make larger? How/What did you use to make wider?(What size drill bit?)