steering column help!

skidlid

021.JPG
I took my column apart to tighten up the torx bolts in it this morning. While putting it back together I had this spring pop out. I can not find a diagram to show where it goes. Can anybody help?

While you were in there did you put blue locktite on the bolts? That will keep you from having to do it a second time.

The spring goes in towards the steering wheel but drops in where the key switch goes. It has a plastic rectangular piece that it mounts with. See where it says clip and key warning switch? That's the clip that holds the key warning switch in place. It's a bit of a pain to get in sometimes.

Found it thanks. Yes did remove and locktite them. I am assembling it but I having problems removing key. Not sure what I have wrong

If the key's in the stop lock position you need to turn it to the run position.
I can get it to turn out sometimes by wiggling key as I push it in and turn the wheel. But with key turned forwards it won't go past park. It moves towards reverse but that is it

On the side opposite the key is a geared unit that turns the ignition switch on and off. It's called the ignition rack and pinion. I'd bet you didn't put it back together right or it needs replacing. Fairly common issue.

Fixed it, the ignition switch actuator rod was not in the neutral position when hooking up the actuator rack!