Steering boxes. Lee vs turnone vs psc

Wgrainy

Any experience with either? It seems turnone boxes are verygood. I like the idea of the 3 bearing upgrade lee offers. Ive heard psc was the best hands down but highest priced. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with either and how you liked it

Thanks

Turn one did an amazing job with building my pump when I was having issues with my new hydroboost setup. When I swap boxes I’m going with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flaming River and Scott from GNS also sells one. I asked on Face Book if anyone had any experience with Scott's and all I got were crickets. They installed the Flaming River box on All Girls Garage. I checked the website and it's $850!

Flaming River and Scott from GNS also sells one. I asked on Face Book if anyone had any experience with Scott's and all I got were crickets. They installed the Flaming River box on All Girls Garage. I checked the website and it's $850!

The good boxes and pumps are expensive. The only "stock" part in them is the cases. Everything else is blueprinted and hand assembled. Turn One claims a 3hp decrease in load going from a regular pump to theirs. That load reduction is from better internal parts and port work to improve flow. That's labor. Probably several hours of it per pump.

That gooses the price quite a bit above the parts store mass-produced/reman'd parts that are just cleaned, measured for spec, and slapped back together.

I have had Lee's on my Chevelle for many years. Love it! Evryone comments how great the steering feels.

Had one built for the Buick and they also match the power steering pump to it. I'll let you know when it's installed.

I have had Lee's on my Chevelle for many years. Love it! Evryone comments how great the steering feels.

Had one built for the Buick and they also match the power steering pump to it. I'll let you know when it's installed.

Yeah i like lees 3 bearing design. Are they the only ones that do this? Im leaning toward lee box and pump with a psc reservoir.

They all claim to have rack and pinion technology. Sounds pretty hi tech to me. I have the PSC reservoir because it looks cool.

They all claim to have rack and pinion technology. Sounds pretty hi tech to me. I have the PSC reservoir because it looks cool.
Yeah im not sure what they mean by that. I was told by someone at lee they all the same style of gear, some use different # valves for less or more steering feel.

Yeah im not sure what they mean by that. I was told by someone at lee they all the same style of gear, some use different # valves for less or more steering feel.

The 670 Delphi box that Lee sells uses the same valving as rack and pinions. Has a different feel than the 800 boxes. But, they are hard to get and they are currently out of stock. They were probably talking about the 800 box, being the only one they have available. I have an older Lee 670, and my next one will be a Lee 800 Road Race Box. Top of the line with custom valve (depending on your use/setup), 3 bearing kit, billet end cap and cover

The 670 Delphi box that Lee sells uses the same valving as rack and pinions. Has a different feel than the 800 boxes. But, they are hard to get and they are currently out of stock. They were probably talking about the 800 box, being the only one they have available. I have an older Lee 670, and my next one will be a Lee 800 Road Race Box. Top of the line with custom valve (depending on your use/setup), 3 bearing kit, billet end cap and cover

WOW, that’s good news as I thought they were out of business! Are the new ones the same quick ratio as the 670?

WOW, that’s good news as I thought they were out of business! Are the new ones the same quick ratio as the 670?

Yes. 12:1 is available, as is factory 14:1.
You can also get 13-16:1 variable, and even 10,9, or 8:1

(Note 12:1 is actually 12.7:1 The industry standard has gone to calling them 12:1)

What are your reasons for going with the 800 when you get your next one? Are they better in your opinion or are is availability the issue?

What are your reasons for going with the 800 when you get your next one? Are they better in your opinion or are is availability the issue?

Mostly availability. The 800 with the 3 bearing kit will be close to the 670 performance wise, is a little more heavy duty, but it also weighs about 6# more. I’ll put the 800 on my Pro touring “T” (heavier car) and put the 670 on my all-out Century Turbo Coupe/GNX (lightweight).

Yes. 12:1 is available, as is factory 14:1.
You can also get 13-16:1 variable, and even 10,9, or 8:1

(Note 12:1 is actually 12.7:1 The industry standard has gone to calling them 12:1)
Curious. When you get a quicker ratio than a factory GN would have and let's say a nice box from Lee, is it just the quickness that improves or does the steering feel itself get tighter??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All the major pro-touring suspension companies have been using turn-one boxes due to availability. they too have ran out recently causing some to go to other boxes as back up but still keep the turn-one accounts open.. We have recently went to Borgesen boxes that are all Brand new (Not remanufactured) and they still have them in our 12:7:1 ratio. not to mention they are roughly half price of the turn one boxes... Still carry a warranty, Still direct factory replacement, still come with all the fittings needed.......

Curious. When you get a quicker ratio than a factory GN would have and let's say a nice box from Lee, is it just the quickness that improves or does the steering feel itself get tighter??

The faster ratio means you have to turn the wheel less for the same amount of turning angle. That improves quickness and feel. The other big difference in feel is from having the box hand blueprinted (by Lee or Turn One). That is why they are so much more expensive than the Borgeson Chinese made boxes. It all depends on what you’re doing with your car, and whether you think it would be worth the very big prices of a Lee or Turn One Box.

The faster ratio means you have to turn the wheel less for the same amount of turning angle. That improves quickness and feel. The other big difference in feel is from having the box hand blueprinted (by Lee or Turn One). That is why they are so much more expensive than the Borgeson Chinese made boxes. It all depends on what you’re doing with your car, and whether you think it would be worth the very big prices of a Lee or Turn One Box.
I want the steering wheel to feel tight like a new Z06 Vette. Lol.