Steering Box

Blown&Injected

I have read lots about swaps and modern, 800 and 600, series steering boxes but not sure what would be the best "modern feel" box that is also a direct replacement. It seems like there was always something a bit different with a fitting or shaft and splines...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

At some point I was looking at light weight Vega steering boxes not sure if they are a fit . They do seem popular

"they" speak of "modern feel" newer boxes and it sounds like they bolt in...but there is always a but - and there is where the job comes to a halt in search of the right fix. I can't believe ya got to spend a fortune to get a good steering box when ya do not care about a perfect concourse restoration build matching box.....

image.jpg

Wish I can find a 12:1 for that price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know right! I ended up a Tom Lee box for about 750 luckily I had some parts sell that ended up paying for it

They installed one on a late 70's Malibu wagon on All Girls Garage. Flaming River. I checked the price and it's about $860.

I know right! I ended up a Tom Lee box for about 750 luckily I had some parts sell that ended up paying for it

What gear box did you buy from Tom? Did you feel a difference?

What gear box did you buy from Tom? Did you feel a difference?

I bought a 800 quick ratio. Cant really tell the difference, because I changed, shafts, shocks, ball joints, upper and lower a arms, center link, pitman arm, blazer spindles, bumpsteer and Lower shaft bearing all at the same time. So I felt the change vs stock completely.