Steel Sunoco Hood

"Black Ice"

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we need a Steel Sunoco Hood is something we might want to get.
20201109_181355.jpg

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
I personally would love to see a hood that was raised 2-3 inches where the natural hood lines are. Sort of like a big modified cowl hood.

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
I personally would love to see a hood that was raised 2-3 inches where the natural hood lines are. Sort of like a big modified cowl hood.
Only as needed to cover a giant sheet metal intake and pipes on a bad-ass stage motor. But not just for looks.

"Black Ice"

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger: "Where do you get that we shit, white man"?
White man? I'm black and the reason I brought up the Sunoco Hood issue is in own a '84 HOT Air with a TB0348 Turbo of a '86-'87 GN. Someone cut the TBO348 Turbo outlet off and welded the '84 outlet adapter to the TBO348 Turbo. Now I have good clearance issues, I had to cut the center brace from under my hood for the hood to close correctly. That why I posted the suggestion.

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
I can't see any demand to break even with the rolling cost alone. I bet the tooling alone for a steel hood is $80-120k.

Pronto

The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
Might be good on a Turbo LS setup with a high rise intake. I thing it would have to be fiberglass though.

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
There is a guy on v8buick.com that does fiberglass hoods and bumpers for GS. I know you said steel but unless you know someone or can do the metal work fiberglass is an option.
Look up the GS guy and pitch him, he might do a one off for the right money .