State Of Emergency Never Ending?

My wife is telling on her floor ,if they have to use a vent only 29% survive. Not great #’s at all. Hopefully they will find out why some just totally crash and others never show a single symptom. She had one patient that’s 91 years old that was really sick but never got to the point of having to be put on a vent. He is going back to the nursing home because he has no family. Really sad he was hoping to die.

Yes, but what are-were their underlying health issues? Take any older person especially one in poor health and they get an ordinary flu it will most likely do them in. And a hospital is not the healthiest place to spend time as you well know. How soon were they trying to get you up and moving around after your operation worry about possible pneumonia? Too bad about that poor old 91yo guy but it wasn't his time to leave yet, bless his heart.

It’s genuinely scary. My fiancé is the Director of Public Health (she has a PhD in Public Health) for one of the largest medical associations in the country. Weekly calls with the governor’s office here in Texas as well as multiple calls a week with some of the top epidemiologists in the country including some that have dealt with Ebola. They’re estimating that for every person who is tested positive there are 11 undiagnosed. We are already seeing hospitals here that are being overwhelmed. Economically, if our healthcare system gets overrun we are talking crazy costs in addition to the cost of lives. Trust me when I say that we are not prepared.

It’s not a political issue. There are shutdowns across the globe for the same reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, its not a political issue but many are making it one.

One of the biggest things the Docs have been asking for is Standards of Care. In other words, when it comes time to make a decision on who gets a resource (ventilator, hospital bed or a decision on who gets to live or die) how do they make that decision.

There was just a story out yesterday that the ny-cuomo has 1,000s of ventilators for the state in storage but hes whining to the president to foot the bill for new ones. Just like the Navy hospital ship, has 20 patients on it so far. Its supposed to be for non virus patients to free up beds for the infected people but ny is dragging its feet on the rules. Funny, if you look you can find videos people are making of these so called over stretched hospitals and most look normal.

The issue is there are more people in need who want those resources than are available. If someone wants to pass on a resource that’s an option. There are such things as DNRs.

It wouldn’t be an issue if we had enough beds, ventilators, PPE, doctors, nurses, etc.

So the doctors need guidance on who to care for and how to care for them with limited resources.

I guess they could do like Italy and throw all the people over 60 in the dumpster because they won't treat anyone that age. Bet one of their illegals gets all the best, just like here.

Hey i don't blame you. At first wearing the mask i felt strange but then i kept seeing the numbers growing and said forget it i want to keep myself and family safe so i wear a mask anytime i go out. luckily i do body work and had a mask. haven't gone as far to wear a pain mask in public but it gets worst might consider it. I'm sure if i do it i will get the looks.

Remember the masks are just for looks and to make you think you're doing something, even my pal Pronto agrees with this, at least I think so. Plus if they did work you'd need googles to seal your eyes. Cover and seal all cuts. Than, than, they say it can be passed by farts but I think that was a lie.

new thing out today ...said the blue shop ..paper towels .. are more effective than surgical masks ... interesting ...but no one has read my post on Maslow's 7 needs in life let that sink in bitches

Today I laughed for the first time in a while. I was driving buy a church and a seen a priest outside and he was wearing a mask and gloves. I wonder if that means he doesn’t believe in god? I don’t know I thought it was hypercritical, maybe I’m wrong but something about that made me laugh. He believes in science more than god. Lol

No to the worthless mask but I guess the gloves are OK. Remember what the Bible says about testing GOD. Its like you are the most faithful believer in the Lord and go stand in front of a bus coming down the road at 60mph. You're going to be flatter than a pancake. Would be nice if it worked that way.

Still bothers me that every single remotely famous person they throw on tv claiming to be Infected shows not 1 symptom, Tom Hanks, Seth Doan, NBA players, Chris Cuomo etc. I wish no harm on almost anybody but it detracts from the poor ppl that sees their life leaving them, it's tragic and those people and their families should have the attention, not an attention hungry media whore

On a side note.... have you... been emailing.... with Dennis Kirban.....or ... Richard ..... Clark.... Lately.... ?
Celebrities think they're important.

Hey Scooby doo and KC87 ... you want hear my crazy philosophy on what every decision is made by people ??? o_O

Still bothers me that every single remotely famous person they throw on tv claiming to be Infected shows not 1 symptom, Tom Hanks, Seth Doan, NBA players, Chris Cuomo etc. I wish no harm on almost anybody but it detracts from the poor ppl that sees their life leaving them, it's tragic and those people and their families should have the attention, not an attention hungry media whore

On a side note.... have you... been emailing.... with Dennis Kirban.....or ... Richard ..... Clark.... Lately.... ?

Don't forget Pink has announced she has it! I think the virus! Maybe the crabs! :eek:

every person makes a decision in life that is in direct relation to the five fingers .... 1...hunger ...2...money...3 ....sex...4...drugs/alcohol...and the big thumb....LOVE...

prove me wrong ...

every person makes a decision in life that is in direct relation to the five fingers .... 1...hunger ...2...money...3 ....sex...4...drugs/alcohol...and the big thumb....LOVE...

prove me wrong ...

After 1 and 2 what else is there. :ROFLMAO:

prove me wrong ...
Though about the five things you listed, could not come up with something to replace any one of your five. Good job. Thinking I might change the order. There was a time eating , money took second place to sex.