Starter?

jcawley3

had a problem starting car lastnight.....

when I turned the key to the on position everything was normal ie dash lights, radio came on....

when I turned the key further to start car all lights and radio went off like normal...but car would not turn over....no clicking no nothing....I could hear a faint whine sound I just kept turning the key back and forth and it started after 15-20 times of this.........

Starter?

bad connection somewhere. did u check your termials for corrision?

they are 1000 times better. not only light weight but they sound cool too

ok, car did it again....I know this sounds crazy but I can't find one (mini starter) anybody got the link

got starter and installed...now nothing when I turn the key.....wire crossed?...there were 2 small posts on the starter
i put the small wire on the one that had a loose nut on it figured that's why it was loose...then I put the 3 other wires on the big post that had the loose nut....did I do something wrong?

Do you have power at the starter solenoid when you try to start (probably not if you have replaced the starter)?
Do you have the factory thief deterrent system on the car?
Did you check the fusible link and starter interrupter relay?

Do you have power at the starter solenoid when you try to start (probably not if you have replaced the starter)?
Do you have the factory thief deterrent system on the car?
Did you check the fusible link and starter interrupter relay?

all I know is that I put all wires back like I thought they were on the stock unit.

it does not seem to have any power....I'm going to check that tomorrow.
I guess the alarm is there.....I don't understand how it works or what it does anyway.

fusible like? where is it?