start up with XFI

Novacaine

Im getting rdy to hook up an xfi on my tr i have caspers harness, 3bar map, and the wideband setup.
Stupid question but do i need to unhook the maf or anything? before trying to start the car.
And will simply disconnecting the factory map and running the new wiring to the fast with the 3bar only make me loose the factory boost gauge or does it need to remain hooked up?
Any info from u guys that have done this would be greatly appreciated im new with stand alones so i just don't want to skrew anything up :)

Novacaine said:
Im getting rdy to hook up an xfi on my tr i have caspers harness, 3bar map, and the wideband setup.
Stupid question but do i need to unhook the maf or anything? before trying to start the car.
And will simply disconnecting the factory map and running the new wiring to the fast with the 3bar only make me loose the factory boost gauge or does it need to remain hooked up?
Any info from u guys that have done this would be greatly appreciated im new with stand alones so i just don't want to skrew anything up :)

Who did you buy the box from? I would ask them to give you a starter map otherwise you are starting in the dark. If you get push back, I can give you the one I started with.

As it relates to MAF, you are now going to MAP system so the restriction of your MAF goes bye bye. No need for the MAF. But yo udo have to have the MAP hooked up and reading off of your intake manifold.