Start and idle issue

Cape Cod GN

Hey all, I just went out to start the GN and it cranks, starts and then stalls. It won't idle on its own. I need to hold my foot on gas lightly for it to stay started. Could this be a tps issue? Thx.

Is your check engine light on? My guess is the mass airflow sensor.
Where on the cape are you ? I'm over the bridge in Cederville.
Adam,

I would check your grounds on the back of the cylinder head aswell as your fuseable links going to your starter to start .

Could me one of a million things. Could be electrical, could be a massive vacuum leak.

First is to get back to basics. Verify fuel pressure, TPS voltage, plugs, wires, coil pack impedance, replace all the vacuume hoses and check valves, O2 output, blah blah blah...

Once that's all verified, then the fun can begin. That's if the preventative maintenance didn't sort out the issues.

Could me one of a million things. Could be electrical, could be a massive vacuum leak.

First is to get back to basics. Verify fuel pressure, TPS voltage, plugs, wires, coil pack impedance, replace all the vacuume hoses and check valves, O2 output, blah blah blah...

Once that's all verified, then the fun can begin. That's if the preventative maintenance didn't sort out the issues.

Thx I have checked everything except the vacuum leak. I also replaced the TPS and MAF. Still same issue. It did start back up again with out my foot on the gas peddle and I drove it around the neiborhood to see if I noticed any performance issues. It started fine for a few days then it did the same thing again. Won’t start or idle without my foot on the gas peddle. I did notice that the alternator is giving of a sound and it smells a little like it’s burning up. Could that be the issue?

Your second sentence threw some BIG flags. 'New' does NOT always equal 'working correctly'. EXPECIALLY if you're talking about a new parts store MAF. Those things are just straight up shit.

On your next observation, yes, yes, and more yes. These cars actually run on electricity. If you have voltage drop or A/C ripple, it's going to wreak havoc with your ECM, coil pack, and ign module.

With the key off check the voltage at the battery. At the back of the alternator with the engine running (both idle and revved up) what is the voltage ?