Stalling trying to burnout at the track?

Totally and appreciate your help/advice. I want to make it clear, I was not plugging around experimenting on my own, that is what I was instructed to do by a certain unnamed tuner that comes recommended by quite a few on this forum.

Needless to say, I won’t be moving forward with him. This is a bit tough, I’ve been in the automotive industry for 20+ years and haven’t had this much trouble working with base values, one off situations, vague info, and horribly user unfriendly stand-alone ecus ever. I think part of it is my generation came a little after these, I never really got to play around with “real” mechanic stuff you know. Tuning a Porsche, BMW, or AMG, or even my GT500 wasn’t a niche secret sauce of what works by each individual car that has already been cut into, built up, and chopped into whatever a previous owner wanted.

My GT500 was like, cool, this is what works with this setup, buy parts, install, watch values, make small adjustments, tons of support, the end. That was like duplo blocks compared to this, which is like doing differential equations in braille while drunk and missing one of the variables needed to make it work.

I like it, it’s a challenge, it’s just a learning curve, and a steep one.
Tuning the car is something that must occur regardless of the make.
The issue is that your not familiar with the platform.

Tuning the car is something that must occur regardless of the make.
The issue is that your not familiar with the platform.
Agreed. However, with every other make, I have experienced support. Who as part of a professional company tunes our cars with Fast XFI that you can recommend?

Hey brother, put it in flex fuel mode in XFI which changes the tune for E85. It’s just a check box and apply click in the XFI.

The boost controller I believe already feeds data to the XFI at well.

Monitored fuel engine off key on 43 psi, idle 38psi, idle with Vaccum hose disconnected 43. Played with the regulator to provide exactly 43psi at idle with vaccum connected. Jumped each fuel pump and both are turning on. Fuel gauge is too short to monitor while driving with boost but really don’t suspect any issues with the way it was built and the pumps are less than a year old.

Verified timing with a light and by setting fixed timing mode in XFI and monitoring what degree the engine was at with idle, 1500rpm, 2000rpm, and 2500 changing each fixed timing setting and watching to see if timing matched the test mode spec I set. Timing is on.

Changed plugs to NGK TR6 with .26 gap. Plugs were at .28 previously and had NGK iridium plugs in there. They had residue from running e85 but otherwise not fouled or burning carbon or anything too weird.

That’s as far as I could get on Saturday. I logged a couple low boost runs and didn’t see knock or any timing issues but don’t have the log in front of me right now.

Pulling back into the garage with a quick stab of the throttle the engine still stalls.
I understand that the fuels pumps are 1 year old but since you cant see fp in real time it's still a guess.
Also how are the pumps being controlled?
I would make sure they aren't running at the same time.

I’m about to bite the bullet on a different gauge, is connecting through the port on the rail advised or no? Or should I just purchase the Fast fuel pressure sensor kit so that will be something the ecu will show on my dash monitor

Agreed. However, with every other make, I have experienced support. Who as part of a professional company tunes our cars with Fast XFI that you can recommend?
Sometimes yes sometimes no.
Both me and a friend of mine tune on different platforms,pretty jammed up right now though.where are you located?

I’m about to bite the bullet on a different gauge, is connecting through the port on the rail advised or no? Or should I just purchase the Fast fuel pressure sensor kit so that will be something the ecu will show on my dash monitor
Fast fuel sensor so it can be seen off the dash.

The Boost Crew in Louisville. Call Bo McDonald at 502-827-9243
Cal Hartline is one of the FAST tuners. He's in Fla but does online tuning.

Back to your first post . Did you smoke test the motor to check for vacuum/ pressure leaks ?? On these cars they can be difficult to find with out smoke . The throttle body is known for leaks . You must eliminate any vac leaks before proceeding .