Stage Rite question

DSEROVY

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I have a question guys-

I have a Stage Rite trans brake in my car - trans was built by a board member a while back with a bunch of goodies.

I've only been to the track twice with the car in the last 6 years, I've always foot-braked it to launch - both times it went 10.8's.

I was playing with it recently, and holdng the shifter in 1st, it builds about 3psi of boost then releases?

I had buddy in the car pulling the shifter back and I went under to check - it seems to be as far back as it can go. I popped the cable off and there is no more throw in the shifter arm on the tranny. Shifting the car, all gears work as indicated on the console with no other tranny issues other than a very random late 2-3 shift.

Just curious? I'd like to hit the track again and use the brake to see what happens.

If your StageRight style trans brake is not holding in manual 1st and allowing your car to move FORWARD under boost/added torque input.....you have a smoked direct clutch assembly. See Chris/Lonnie/Bruce/David (as well as a few others that like the 200-4R, never ever trust a mechanic that says they're shit, because they are not) in what you need to do to properly repair your 200-4R for the beating it will see, do it right and never look back at least untill you threaten it with more than 600 ft lbs of happy crank.
Good luck.

Kevin.

If your StageRight style trans brake is not holding in manual 1st and allowing your car to move FORWARD under boost/added torque input.....you have a smoked direct clutch assembly. See Chris/Lonnie/Bruce/David (as well as a few others that like the 200-4R, never ever trust a mechanic that says they're shit, because they are not) in what you need to do to properly repair your 200-4R for the beating it will see, do it right and never look back at least untill you threaten it with more than 600 ft lbs of happy crank.
Good luck.

Kevin.

Thanks for the reply - guess it's time to make some phone calls!