Stage II

scpls19398

Hot Air Fan
There is a stage II block with Billet crank on ebay, seems like a great deal. Anyone know anything about it.

Thanks

I saw that this am. The guy has some pretty big power claims:rolleyes:

The crank looks like a BMS forging and not a billet. Block looks nice but the guy didn't answer the questions about previous damage etc. He states he bought it at BG a few years ago and the with the writing on the block it looks like it probably came from Mike Booher. I would check with him and see if he knows anything about it. Doesn't seem like a bad deal and looks like nice stuff but the seller is another story IMO.

How do you tell if its a bms crank and not a scat crank. I'm going to look at it tommorrow.

Yep

You must be careful when purchasing such items. I figured if anyone knew the equipment being sold it would be the guys lurking here.

George

How do you tell if its a bms crank and not a scat crank. I'm going to look at it tommorrow.

I looked at it again and it does look like a billet crank. It may or may not have the manufacturer stamped in it but it does appear to be a billet crank. It also appears to be new and never balanced. The rods are not gun drilled so it doesn't appear to be a lightweight roundy round piece. Looks like a nice crank.

A billet will have smooth machined throws and the forging will have rough finish to them. In addition all the BMS forgings were from Buick and will have a GM part # on them. Looks like some nice pieces and a good deal.

BUICK GRAND NATIONAL PARTS LOT(TRUE BUICK RACING):eBay Motors (item 320383376348 end time Jun-17-09 13:34:24 PDT)

This may be a stupid question, but the block is 40 over... correct? I am pretty interested in this but worry about spending that kind of cash without knowing who you a dealing with. I was planning on buying a shortblock from Webber, But this looks like a pretty good deal.

The block is pretty much a 4" bore, 4.040 would be 40 over. Looks like a decent deal to me. If the crank is new and the block has no previous damage or repairs it looks like it could be a pretty good deal. On center motors will require some additional fabrication/parts that'll need to be addressed in your build but Weber is familiar with buidling these.
Good Luck

The block is pretty much a 4" bore, 4.040 would be 40 over. Looks like a decent deal to me. If the crank is new and the block has no previous damage or repairs it looks like it could be a pretty good deal. On center motors will require some additional fabrication/parts that'll need to be addressed in your build but Weber is familiar with buidling these.
Good Luck

my #153 on center block bore was 3.900 when i bought it, i bored it to 3.965
now it is considered standard bore,
good luck oc,

Did you look at it yet Tom??? Is it in your garage yet:smile:

I went and looked at it, looks good I want to post up pics but cant find my camera cord. I'm waiting on a phone call from him. He has some other parts that he's checking for me.