Stage II heads

200MPHClub

All, as some of you have come to know I'm trying to build a high revving, high HP motor. Anyway I've got a line on a Stage 2 #031 heads with 34cc chambers...trying to see if these will rev up to 8000rpm give or take? I know the large port Indy heads would be ideal but can't seem to locate any of them yet. Just looking to aquire parts as deals come up.

Thanks in advance.

More like 9,000 rpm. Are you talking about the square port indy style head with the small intake bolt holes?

All, as some of you have come to know I'm trying to build a high revving, high HP motor. Anyway I've got a line on a Stage 2 #031 heads with 34cc chambers...trying to see if these will rev up to 8000rpm give or take? I know the large port Indy heads would be ideal but can't seem to locate any of them yet. Just looking to aquire parts as deals come up.

Thanks in advance.

are these the set on ebay because if not there is a set on there, not sure if they are what youre looking for

If you are going to use them w/ a turbo, that chamber is pretty small...Could lead to issues w/ the piston dish getting the wrist pin into the ring pkge...

Yes, with a turbo. That's what I was thinking....seemed awfully small to me. Oh well, knew it was too good to be true...guess I'll keep looking.

Thanks

I think I have a set of indy heads, but not quite sure. The intake ports are more square than rectangular. The intake threaded holes are a different pattern than the common Stage II head and the hole sizes are smaller. Can anyone confirm?

i have good set of stage2 heads w/ t&d rockers, covers,pushrods,and lifters,springs and valves as well and a extra intake i might sell.

Indy Heads

Indy Heads

Later AJ

Attachments

• IntakePort.jpg
    IntakePort.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 200
  • ExhaustPort.jpg
    ExhaustPort.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 202
Those might have been used in the Indy program at one time but they are the standard version Stage II heads. I have a picture of a set of square port Indy heads but it doesn't want to upload.

Neal

Not really sure what kind of RPM the Indy engines saw. I have to think it was over 8500 RPM. The heads pictured were from the later part of the Indy program and were utilized with a short deck block with siameesed lifter bores to relocate the pushrod due to the large square ports. A couple of guys have tried to fit them to a standard block and it can work but it's probably not worth the effort.

Neal

The Indy heads would be very effective on a large ci engine (270+) between 7800 to 8800 rpm. Horsepower peaking between 7700 to 8200 rpm.