Stage 2 TT street car

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Starting to slowly gather parts, the power adders arrived last week, twin BW S360 turbos which will be linked to open T4 headers with Quick Spool Valves. Will keep adding to build log as time permits. On-center 274ci being built by Twisted 6 Racing.
: DSC04406.JPG

Mike

Norns, my first twin car had twin 52 mm turbos from an Indy car. The spool up was too fast. The only thing I could do to play on the street was to turn down my boost controller ( the in car ESP knob type) and then open it up going down the track. I even had the ESP in car fuel pressure regulator and ATR EMC-10 running in tandem with a chip and the equivalent of 100lb injectors. There weren't any electronic boost controllers for me. The exhaust housings were very small and the compressor was huge. I drove my twin 67 billet ( brought them from a mustang guy because they didn't make enough power after 3 runs at the track for 1200) for almost a year trying to learn Big stuff 3. That car was brutal, I had it running 5.40 in the 1/8 on it's second trip down the track and the third pass I lifted and it woulda,coulda,shoulda been a low .20. I don't think that he'll have any problem spooling twins. He may never know the full potential while on the street , traction won't be his friend.

I guess I'm the only one having spool issues...

Last edited:
One motor was an off center 256 motor and the on center was a 270 motor with an odd 3.58 stroke crank. I have never used a 3.625 stroke crank motor on the street. 3.4 or 3.59 .

What size were your tubine wheels in the 52mm turbos?

I know that I have some .58 housings that were supposed to go with the turbos. I will try to hunt down some pics but I had several different sizes for tuning the turbos. They were Mitsubishi turbos and my car had 2 off the largest gates that I have ever seen in my life. I do remember posting all of the specs and pics back in the day when all of the stage 2 guys used to post their combs. Newer turbos are light years ahead of the magnesium wheels of yesteryear. The trim and bearing technology alone is superior. Sorry to get off topic of the OP but twins when sorted out will be nice.

Twin 340 pumps from Racetronix, removed the factory feed and return lines and used the Racetronix Teflon lines. I left the vent line in place and will retain the charcoal canister, I won't tolerate a gas stink from the garage. I ran both new fuel lines down the driver's side and popped out of the frame where the factory feed line came through, lines fit well.
DSC04356.JPG
DSC04379.JPG

Trans arrived last week, TH400, billet innards, built to take up to 1200hp. Forward full manual VB, no trans brake and I will not install one. I had Auto Trans Dynamics in WI build the trans, they are the designers of the Hipster trans brake. Charlie (owner) builds to whatever hp level you intend to run, I actually sent the trans to him to have him take out the Hipster trans brake which he highly recommended for street driving. When I explained my combination he insisted on billet parts and a bunch of other gear to ensure reliability. I'll be installing a gear vendors overdrive and a PTC 9in NL spec'd by Twisted 6.

Mike
DSC04380.JPG DSC04383.JPG DSC04387.JPG

Like Grumpy Jenkins used to say, "the power is in the heads". The Stage 2 cyl. head is the crown jewel of this build. These blow away anything I've ever used, the design is spot-on beautiful, power indeed, how could you not use these engineering masterpieces?
DSC04193.JPG DSC04185.JPG DSC04207.JPG DSC04214.JPG

Mike

Nice looking build so far. Great looking heads too, not all used up like a lot I see. Valve covers look like they are/were NOS!

All the componets must work together. What are you doing for cam selection?