Stage 2 TT street car

jlat

My friend with a 9.0 second LS swap T just converted to manual brakes this year to save weight over the hydroboost system he had. I believe it's the Wilwood manual brake mc. He did say it's not as aggressive hydroboost buts stops him at 150mph.
how about the rear end it has to be a detriot locker? no LSD or maybe a 9"
IBBY

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Now this is genius:
What fuel cell would the twin Racetronix pumps fit right into? I saw NRE use the same setup and it makes good sense if E85 is not readily available. Sure wouldn't need to deal with uneven methanol distribution or a knock sensor.

Mike
I'm going with this setup, it does away with so much BS, no knock sensor, no paying out the ying-yang for a tuner to put the engine on edge with alky injection (this alone would be more expensive than a dual fuel system), no depending on consistent quality of 93 octane & no blown engines due to alky pump dying or knock creeping in and turbo boost stays on kill 100% of the time. I will keep the meth. injection to help cool the intake charge. Time to get to work.
Mike

ttypewhite

I'm going with this setup, it does away with so much BS, no knock sensor, no paying out the ying-yang for a tuner to put the engine on edge with alky injection (this alone would be more expensive than a dual fuel system), no depending on consistent quality of 93 octane & no blown engines due to alky pump dying or knock creeping in and turbo boost stays on kill 100% of the time. I will keep the meth. injection to help cool the intake charge. Time to get to work.
Mike

I rate you for wanting to try something new, but you have the reliability of a alky system all wrong. The pumps don't just die during a pass and the process of tuning is identical, both systems are triggered by a pressure switch and ramped in. If you set anything on kill the probability of failure is inevitable eventually. Unless your racing it... don't set it on kill. Alky done right is more then you will ever need. On the street I run around 24psi on pump gas and alky and make more hp at that level then I do with race fuel at the same boost level.

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
I rate you for wanting to try something new, but you have the reliability of a alky system all wrong. The pumps don't just die during a pass and the process of tuning is identical, both systems are triggered by a pressure switch and ramped in. If you set anything on kill the probability of failure is inevitable eventually. Unless your racing it... don't set it on kill. Alky done right is more then you will ever need. On the street I run around 24psi on pump gas and alky and make more hp at that level then I do with race fuel at the same boost level.
Agree. For so many reasons. Mike and I have had mostly unchanged performance combinations for years now. I drive my car often and for hours when the weather is good, it always has street gas in it, and it's always in mid 9 second tune. And I have never hurt it in over 13 years. Maybe your looking for more? But that's more than enough for me on a standard summer cruise in the NYC suburbs.

Alky works. Requires some maintenance, as do all things. But less to figure out. Less parts and tuning is the same. I played around in the maps a bit around where the alky begins to come in under moderate acceleration, but that's because I'm OCD.

You will become more familiar with XFI as time goes on. Self educate and baby steps with a tuner friend by telephone. It's inevitable. Then none of this stuff will be a big deal any longer.

Mr.Spool

How are you guys monitoring knock with an engine that is nowhere near stock?

Mike
With a knock sensor.some guys use them some dont.the car can get to a point that when there is fuel pressure and tuned correctly you dont need one.pulling plugs,auto correction,etc.depends on the route you take.i personally like to still have it there.

jay dcpt

If you don't want to run allky and are willing to go through the trouble of running a dual fuel system. Why no just run ethanol?

NY Twin Turbo

Mike
I don't have much trouble using a knock sensor. Once my tune was smooth and I worked out other rattles, vibrations and anything that may be hitting or kissing, they almost never read knock.

When they do, I check the tune and do a data log. But thankfully I always find it to be something loose or some banging somewhere. Last time it went off, it was because I had a bad plug wire and didn't know until it . Then later it was s bad coilpack. was a lon

NY Twin Turbo

Sent that too soon.......but you get the point. Knock has it's own frequency. If the tune is good and smooth, even a beefy stage motor may be able keep it from false reading.

ttypewhite

Mike

StageII on center motors don't come with a knock sensor or a oil dipstick. I keep the timing low and the air fuel a couple points fatter than it needs to be. My fear for you is that all the areas of concern that you have has not improved with this system. You're just adding more variables to heighten the risk of failure with running 3 systems on the car (pump gas, race fuel and alky). And with such a complex system like this you will be hard pressed to have anyone put their name on tuning such a system with so many moving parts that they have to take your word for it that everything works flawlessly. I personally would have nothing to do with it as a tuner. Too much risk and next to no reward, and without the knowledge of tuning it yourself your going to pay out the ying yang twice. Once in building a second fuel system and two getting someone willing to stand behind it.

hemi8

Goin Sideways
StageII on center motors don't come with a knock sensor or a oil dipstick. I keep the timing low and the air fuel a couple points fatter than it needs to be. My fear for you is that all the areas of concern that you have has not improved with this system. You're just adding more variables to heighten the risk of failure with running 3 systems on the car (pump gas, race fuel and alky). And with such a complex system like this you will be hard pressed to have anyone put their name on tuning such a system with so many moving parts that they have to take your word for it that everything works flawlessly. I personally would have nothing to do with it as a tuner. Too much risk and next to no reward, and without the knowledge of tuning it yourself your going to pay out the ying yang twice. Once in building a second fuel system and two getting someone willing to stand behind it.
A double ying-yang, more analysis required.:rolleyes: