Stage 2 Block, TA heads, Crower Rods, Champion Intake etc..

and the plot thickens...
Tune in next week to see the exciting conclusion of..."What in the hell did I get myself into..." right here on your favorite channel...TurboBuick.com. We now pause for station identification...

LOL
:p

Somehow my for sale thread has turned into a support thread. I had my mind made up for a week, but between all the posts here and the PM's I've had offering me cranks you are all making this very difficult.

I wonder if the LS world would embrace you the same way if you decide to make the switch?

Take care, Kip

I've gone pretty fast with a 10/10 3.625 BMS crank and never had an issue with it. I'm pretty sure that crank is still spinning around in a motor today. I know others have broken them but this can be said for any part used in a high HP application. I believe the BMS crank has been used more than any other crank in high HP Buick applications. Therefore you will probably find more of them broken and abused, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are worse than the rest. IMO, it is a better piece than the off sore units and probably some of the used and older lightened roundy round billets. Certainly a new billet crower or Byrant is as good as it gets but like anything else how much do you want to spend. I wouldn't be afraid of one to 900-1000 rwhp.

I like to see a good LSx build like anyone else but really hate seeing them in TurboBuicks. Showing up at the track with an 8 sec V6 GN is really a lot of fun. If I can help with your build feel free to send me a PM.

Hey Mike have you decided what you doin ? I would like talk to you bout the block and other parts,if your sellin .

Just wonderin totally understand ,if you don't sell. Good luck any way you go.

Chris Hogeland and Chris Lyons have been helping me a lot. I decided to go all in. I ordered a Bryant 3.625 stroke billet and have another 11 weeks worth of wait for it. I also decided I couldn't chance the rest of the shortblock to a timing chain or gear drive failure so I got this from Chris H. I ordered a belt drive MSD distributor today. I have no doubts in the motor now. More machine work and fabrication to come. :)
CIMG1136.jpg

Can you explain the reason of the gear drive failure? I don;t need a failure like that!

We had a long discussion about it before. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/dump-the-gear-and-go-timing-chain.341574/

It surely has something to do with harmonics. metal on metal with the gear drive and chain. Some guys run them successfully, some have issues. I had the standard (non-hd) gear drive. I would have used it had I not bought the bryant crank. For what I have invested in my motor, the belt drive is cheap insurance to protect it.