Stage 2 Block, TA heads, Crower Rods, Champion Intake etc..

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
I am selling all the parts I have acquired to build a top notch stock style head stage 2 motor. No junk here. All prices are plus shipping and negotiable. No Trades. Money order , cash or paypal, but if using paypal the buyer must pay the fees on top of the sell price.

I will do a package deal for everything. I am supposed to be getting a mint 3.5” stroke bms crank to replace my cracked 3.59 bms, but until I actually get it in my hands and have it checked, I won’t say for sure it can be included.

Stage 2 on center 153 block. 4 bolt center mains, cross bolted front and rear mains. 1 sleeve and no repairs. The block has a light coat of surface rust from sitting after being bead blasted years ago so it will need all critical surfaces touched up. The bores measure ~4.022” with calipers and should clean up fine at 4.030”. .842” (stock buick size) lifter bores I have already done all the oiling machine work that is typical for stock style heads and wet sump oiling. $2000
Isky .842” dia. .120” offset solid roller lifters.I bought these used, but they look like new with no real wear. Perfect to go with the stage block above. $225
CIMG0942.jpg

TA performance SE heads. Were said to flow ~270 cfm. 2.02 ferrea stainless intake valves, 1.60” ferrea superalloy exhaust valves. These need a 3.9” bore minimum. Also includes matching T&D 1.6 ratio rockers and ARP head studs for stage 2 block. $3000
Champion On Center race intake ported to match above heads. Short fuel rails and ford throttlebody style plenum up to 90mm. Included gaskets, hardware and billet water neck. $1000
Edelbrock Victor 70mm ford style throttlebody to match above intake. $200

CIMG0978.jpg

CIMG0974.jpg

Crower Billet rods. New in the box. On center 6.30” long, buick size rod journals. These sell for $1395 from TA or you can order a set from Crower for $1260 with a 3 month wait. $1260

Stage 2 front cover with billet distributor hold down and billet fuel pump delete cover. $100

ATI internal balance damper. New in the box 7.074” steel balancer with “dry sump” length hub. Uses sbc pullies. Custom made crank MSD style trigger wheel and pickup included (no pickup bracket) $440 for just the balancer or $575 with the crank trigger wheel and pickup.
IMG_0384.jpg

JW the wheel internal balance flexplate. New in the box with ARP bolt $225

MSD billet distributor. Part number 8551. New in the original box unmodified with cap and rotor. There is one scratch on the body where it goes in the timing cover. $225

MSD universal cut to length plug wire kit. 8.5mm black. V8 kit so you'll have spares. $85.

Fabricated aluminum 14 bolt oil pan. Billet pan rail, baffled, trap door, kicked out sump, 7+ quarts. It has a filtered -16 external pickup. $550
CIMG1041.jpg

CIMG1042.jpg

CIMG1040.jpg

Peterson single stage external oil pump. -16 in, -12 out with drive pulley. Drivers side mount. $450
CIMG0912.jpg

CV products remote oil filter mount part number CV-748. And a box of six 5707R Wix racing filters. $75

H&R parts stage 2 motor mounts. New $225

Mezeire Electric Water Pump. Black, new in the box, Includes outlet fitting and all hardware. $325

Cam thrust hardware. Includes: thrust bearing and washer, fuel pump eccentric and/or aluminum spacer, distributor gear and thrust bolt. Same thing is sold by Webber for $260. $150

Stainless heades. Headers are finished, but crossover is not. All material included to finish crossover including tubing, v-band clamps and flex joint. Uses RJC mild steel flanges, 1 ½” 304ss primaries, 2” stainless crossover. $550
CIMG1035.jpg

CIMG1036.jpg

LT1 mini starter. New in the box with bolts. $150

Holy Sheep Chit...Mike..Divorse!!
No on the divorce. I got a price on a billet crank. Adding that price to all of this stuff puts me at enough money to buy a complete TA engine or a 2000hp capable LS. I'm going to use the money from selling these parts to finish my cage, get the car painted, do all the little stuff to have it as a complete roller and then buy a complete motor.

I'm also thinking that for the price of one billet buick crank I can buy 5 junkyard 5.3LS engines and one engine diaper and have a lot of fun blowing them up with a big turbo.

Ya, no kidding. My friend was telling me at on time to build a V-8 and it would cost less. Where did I go wrong!!

:(...This sucks Mike. I really enjoyed watching your fabrication threads and wanted to see the finished product. No offense to anyone here, but to swap another engine into these chassis', is just not right. For years, I listened to guys tell me that I could have 3 times the motor in my 62 Chevy, if I would have built a Rat motor instead of my 409. They are correct, but when guys see a 62 Chevy fullsize...they expect to see an 09'. I dont care how incredible the Rat motor would be, they would walk away. Your car need a 6 with a turbo in it. Use the crank your getting and put it together. Call Mike Booher...he has to have a good crank for sale. He owns every other Stage part in the free world.
I saw the time and care that went into the parts you built and I know you wanted everyone to see them run. You cant quit now. I dont know how old you are, but I will bet im a little older, and I would say this...If you sell all these items, you will really hate that you did some day.

Take care,
Donnie

:(...This sucks Mike. I really enjoyed watching your fabrication threads and wanted to see the finished product. No offense to anyone here, but to swap another engine into these chassis', is just not right. For years, I listened to guys tell me that I could have 3 times the motor in my 62 Chevy, if I would have built a Rat motor instead of my 409. They are correct, but when guys see a 62 Chevy fullsize...they expect to see an 09'. I dont care how incredible the Rat motor would be, they would walk away. Your car need a 6 with a turbo in it. Use the crank your getting and put it together. Call Mike Booher...he has to have a good crank for sale. He owns every other Stage part in the free world.
I saw the time and care that went into the parts you built and I know you wanted everyone to see them run. You cant quit now. I dont know how old you are, but I will bet im a little older, and I would say this...If you sell all these items, you will really hate that you did some day.

Take care,
Donnie

Believe me I've been struggling with this for a long time and I've been back and forth many times. I'll still make cool parts no matter what motor I put in the car. I've had quite a few guys offer good cranks, but at this point I have very little confidence in any BMS crank. As for regretting selling this stuff. Yes, I'm sure I will. But I might also regret putting it together and scattering all these very expensive and hard to find parts all over the track.

Believe me I've been struggling with this for a long time and I've been back and forth many times. I'll still make cool parts no matter what motor I put in the car. I've had quite a few guys offer good cranks, but at this point I have very little confidence in any BMS crank. As for regretting selling this stuff. Yes, I'm sure I will. But I might also regret putting it together and scattering all these very expensive and hard to find parts all over the track.

Well Mike,
As a very good engine builder told me one time, years ago...they'er all grenades just waiting for the pin to be pulled!!!

Well if your selling...then lets talk about some of my other cool paint jobs for your car...since its not going to be a we4 anymore. We can really stretch our imaginations!!! LOL

Well Mike,
As a very good engine builder told me one time, years ago...they'er all grenades just waiting for the pin to be pulled!!!

Well if your selling...then lets talk about some of my other cool paint jobs for your car...since its not going to be a we4 anymore. We can really stretch our imaginations!!! LOL

Yes, a cool non stock paint job is the plan if I go ls. Every other hot rod I've owned has been silver, so thats how I'm leaning.

:(... No offense to anyone here, but to swap another engine into these chassis', is just not right. For years, I listened to guys tell me that I could have 3 times the motor in my 62 Chevy, if I would have built a Rat motor instead of my 409. They are correct, but when guys see a 62 Chevy fullsize...they expect to see an 09'. I dont care how incredible the Rat motor would be, they would walk away. Your car need a 6 with a turbo in it. Use the crank your getting and put it together.

Take care,
Donnie

I have not read every post that you have made on this board but still feel this has to be the best ne ever.

Take care, Kip

Mike,

I hope you don't do it. It's your decision and I know you've gone back and forth a couple of times. I appreciate your input especially in the Stage II forum and am jealous of your fabrication skills. I'd really hate to see you get away from the Buick V6. I've delved into LSX stuff myself and have a supercharged GTO and a G8 GT but I still love the Buicks. They're old school these days but there's no better feeling than beating up on guy's at the track and then they figure out you're running a V6. It ruins them.

I have a bunch of LSX stuff under my workbench and I could easily build a 408 stroker for the Buick probably for 1/2 the price of a Stage II motor but then the car loses it's character in my opinion. At that point I might as well have a Monte Carlo SS. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Neal

Mike,

I hope you don't do it. It's your decision and I know you've gone back and forth a couple of times. I appreciate your input especially in the Stage II forum and am jealous of your fabrication skills. I'd really hate to see you get away from the Buick V6. I've delved into LSX stuff myself and have a supercharged GTO and a G8 GT but I still love the Buicks. They're old school these days but there's no better feeling than beating up on guy's at the track and then the figure out you're running a V6. It ruins them.

I have a bunch of LSX stuff under my workbench and I could easily build a 408 stroker for the Buick probably for 1/2 the price of a Stage II motor but then the car loses it's character in my opinion. At that point I might as well have a Monte Carlo SS. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Neal

Another great post. Glad to see that there are other people that see things the same as me.

Keep up the good work, Kip

I hope you change your mind Mike. I have been down that road many times and said to myself ``What will I do next``
I can only wish you luck on the path you choose.

Somehow my for sale thread has turned into a support thread. I had my mind made up for a week, but between all the posts here and the PM's I've had offering me cranks you are all making this very difficult.

So far I have only sold the oil pan and starter. But I've had enough people interested in oil pans that I could use the money from making them to buy any of the cranks I've been offered. I have a lot of considering to do this weekend.

I would love an oil pan like that, but can;t have any kick outs on it , I would have bought it , it won;t fit my present headers......... put it on your list of items:):D