sta bill

jlat

hello people; We can't complane about our weather but my T went to bed today. I hardly drove it this year but I was out today. The 86 ran well but a bat. might be needed in the near future. I don't use sta bill all the time but I did today. I don't like the whole bottle system and now another thing I didn't like. Going back and forth filling the smaller side fill area of the system the little inner cap seal came of and stuck itself on the tank neck trap. You know that flap that closes when you take gas filler out. I had to get my vac. out and sucked it out. I don't think it would of got by they trap but if it did it could of caused a problem.
Next time I going to fill another container and use it that way.
Happy Holidays to you NE turboheads.
IBBY

hello people; I talked about the sta bil container at work today. A co-worker says he sqeezes the container to fill the small area. I never thought about doing that.
IBBY

Whats up Ibby, probly not a bad idea, I use seafoam as a stabilizer & cleaner from time to time.

I am in the boat business , we just got done using case after case of stabil for winterizations. Remove small cap , remove foil completely , squeeze bottle until small measuring cylinder is at desired level , pour into tank.

I would also use caution sucking anything out of a fuel fill area , potentially sucking gas fumes into a housing containing an operating electric motor (assuming shop vac).

A marina next state over from us had an explosion a few years back with a shop vac and gasoline fumes involved , I don't recall all the details.

If you use stabil, then you need to step-up to stabil 360°. It protects not only your fuel, but also above the fuel line. They make 3 types(fuel, ethanol, marine), so make you read the packaging.