Squeeky rear springs

EMcNeice

Last year i installed rate rear springs from Kirban and arib bags in my rear suspension to offset the tire scraping caused by my Centerline Convo Pros. Ever since, my car sounds like an old spring matress going down bumpy roads, and there are lots of them in Massachusetts! Anyone else have this problem or maybe theres something wrong? Air pressure in the bags is 20 right, 10 left on the street.

Did you install new spring bushings with the new springs? These are thick rubber spacers that go between the top of the spring and the frame. They're intended to prevent noises just like this. Even if you reused the old ones, this could be the problem (they wear thin and let noises through). A good replacement trick is to use heater hose: just slip the hose over the top of the spring, saves fussing with getting the stock-type units in the right place.

I would look at the spring bushing and also suspension bushings. Since the suspension hieght has changed the bushings may be against a cracked or worn area of the bushing. If they need replaced look at the new bushings hrpartsnstuff sells. They are greasable and very well made.