Spoolfool's new Drip-Lip, oil leak catch thingy.

I installed mine. The engine is girdled and it did have to be trimmed a little. Clears TA headers and crossover fine. It catches about 80% of the oil but I have some dripping off the starter. At least it’s not dripping on the crossover pipe anymore. The oil is originating either from the rear main seal, back of the pan gasket or back of the girdle. Everything above is bone dry. I’m using PIG Mat.
So for an update. I have a VERY BAD leak from my rear main seal. If I use paper towels I have to change it every 60 miles or so or it's saturated and starts to drip. If I use pig mat it goes about twice the distance. I'll be pulling the engine and replacing the seal this winter.

I have nothing on the crossover and no smell as long as I change my child's diaper frquently! :p I also have a spare that I won from Mike at the 3 bolt turbo challenge at RC's in May if anyone is interested in purchasing at a good price.

So for an update. I have a VERY BAD leak from my rear main seal. If I use paper towels I have to change it every 60 miles or so or it's saturated and starts to drip. If I use pig mat it goes about twice the distance. I'll be pulling the engine and replacing the seal this winter.

I have nothing on the crossover and no smell as long as I change my child's diaper frquently! [emoji14] I also have a spare that I won from Mike at the 3 bolt turbo challenge at RC's in May if anyone is interested in purchasing at a good price.
Yes, I would like to finally put one of these on my car. Let me know the price please shipped to 08322. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just a Update:

Installed the Drip lip this morning, my car has a stock crossover and I had too loosen the bolts to get it in position. Then I realized it needed to be trimmed to clear my RJC engine brace but other then that no issues! I'll report back if it catches my oil drip and crossover smell.

Mine went on a few weeks ago. Slipped right in with TA race headers. very minor adjustment on one hole. I have driven it several times and figured it would take a while for the existing oil to burn off the crossover pipe. The smell is noticeably less and the oil spot on the floor is drying up. As far as I am concerned it was money well spent!

Just wanted to say big thanks for all those took a chance on one of my crazy inventions.
Note: I was mocked by a few engine builders when I told them years ago about this crazy invention of mine.
They are now my biggest customers. I've been donating one to every TB race class at BG now for a few years.
I tell them to donate it to whoever is leaking the most. They thank me and the track thanks me.

I call it "The stupid idea that works". :)

Happy Spooling with no drooling.
Mike Barnard

Just wanted to say big thanks for all those took a chance on one of my crazy inventions.
Note: I was mocked by a few engine builders when I told them years ago about this crazy invention of mine.
They are now my biggest customers. I've been donating one to every TB race class at BG now for a few years.
I tell them to donate it to whoever is leaking the most. They thank me and the track thanks me.

I call it "The stupid idea that works". :)

Happy Spooling with no drooling.
Mike Barnard
I have have yet to install mine. Fingers crossed this spring/summer I'll get my beast back on the road.