Spoolfool's new Drip-Lip, oil leak catch thingy.

Can anyone chime in on where to get the Pig Mat absorbent towels?

All I see is large qty's that cost a lot a CA$H.
I'm only looking for a small qty.

thx
dave

I got them at Napa wasn’t too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got them at Napa wasn’t too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What thickness?
With the paper towels, I find that if you take three full sheets and keep folding them in half, you come up with the perfect size. You just have to crush them down a bit in between your hands first, before you stuff them in the catch pocket.

I've now had the same paper towel in mine for three months with out a drip on the ground. It used to leave a drop every day (off the crossover pipe:sick:) . The towel is starting to look oily. I know that this can't last for ever. I'm going to wait until it drips to change the towel. How's everyone else's doing?

Note: Kirban's Performance Products and Boost Crew Motorsports are now doing a $159.99 summer special on my new Drip-Lips.
:)

Oh man I'm late to the party on this one. This will definitely be on my to do list for the GN.

Just installed mine on the weekend. Haven't had the car out yet, but am hopeful this will help. Had to install using pressure to tweak things until all the holes lined up , but went in pretty smoothly.

Just installed mine on the weekend. Haven't had the car out yet, but am hopeful this will help. Had to install using pressure to tweak things until all the holes lined up , but went in pretty smoothly.

Please post up how much oil it dripped before and after. Where are your leaks from?

Please post up how much oil it dripped before and after. Where are your leaks from?

I might add that installing my SpoolFool Drip Shield slid in nice N easy even with my TA Performance Race Headers and Cross Over Pipe. Didn't have to remove the cross over pipe!
No major leaks that I could see anywhere. Just a little puddle of oil which was localized at the bottom of the transmission dust pan at the drain hole on the stocker. Rear main was replaced years ago and its dry, so not the culprit. However evidence of a slight misting of oil spray on the undercarriage and transmission pan etc indicate it's coming from somewhere and getting blown over things once the car is underspend. Free rustproofing I guess. Hoping your Drip Shield might reduce or eliminate this.
Car is in the middle of a HydroBoost install and need to finish my AN lines and install the PSC reservoir before it will be roadworthy. Will keep you posted.

One thing I've noticed. Even if the Drip-Lip gets oil on the outside, It wicks the oil back up from the bottom. There never seems to be a drip hanging off the bottom. The paper towel is now looking very wet, but still working well. How's it going with the Pig Mat?
I have yet to try it.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners of the carbon fiber drip lips! They look awesome. If someone prefers to sell theirs instead of install t, PM me.

One thing I've noticed. Even if the Drip-Lip gets oil on the outside, It wicks the oil back up from the bottom. There never seems to be a drip hanging off the bottom. The paper towel is now looking very wet, but still working well. How's it going with the Pig Mat?
I have just to try it.

Just ordered my Pig Mats today from Amazon, won't get them till next week.

Attachments

• Pig Mat.jpg
    Pig Mat.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 8
Very positive feedback on this product. I've had it installed on my GN for 5 months now and not a single drop of oil on the floor since then. I just started the car up last weekend and confirmed there was no oil under it. The paper towel insert had very little oil on it and did not need to be replaced. Great product.

Nice to hear and thanks for the feedback. Kirban should have these in stock for his open house this weekend. I also donated one to his raffle. :)

It's been almost a year and I still have ZERO drips under the GN!

Fit and finish are on point with little to no adjustment for the install. The coolest part is it is manufactured to overlap the key paths the oil would normally take on its way to the floor. I am on the original SpoolFool panty shield that came with my unit and it will probably still be on there at Bates!

Nice work Mike!

Way cool.

So, how are results with the Pig Mat? Would be nice to have some feed back.
Has this product changed the smell of driving your car? No more stinky smoking oil off the crossover pipe.

Way cool.

So, how are results with the Pig Mat? Would be nice to have some feed back.
Has this product changed the smell of driving your car? No more stinky smoking oil off the crossover pipe.
Mike,
I just purchased one and my car always smells of oil burning on the crossover, I'll let you know if this improves substantially.

It's been almost a year and I still have ZERO drips under the GN!

Fit and finish are on point with little to no adjustment for the install. The coolest part is it is manufactured to overlap the key paths the oil would normally take on its way to the floor. I am on the original SpoolFool panty shield that came with my unit and it will probably still be on there at Bates!

Nice work Mike!

I've had mine installed since early last season and no more drips on the garage floor. This has tamed my buick so it's not marking it's spot any longer? Hallelujah !
No more smelly burnt oil on my crossover pipe too!
Upon closer inspection the paper tampon pad is slightly discoloured with some evidence of oil saturation, but its not wet and I haven't needed to replace it yet as its still doing its job. I have to give this a two thumbs up! :)
Thanks for creating this great product, that really works.

Dave