Spoolfool's new Drip-Lip, oil leak catch thingy.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
I'm posting it here on this board first.
Funny, but I almost called this thing the "Turbo-Depends".:p
That, or "Spool-drool". My kid (Hailey) came up with the name over diner and a bottle of wine, "Drip-Lip". And so we have it...

This thing is 100% my crazy idea and creation. CharlieF1 and I pondered hours over this thing two years ago. I wasn't sure if it would fly, but he said it was worthy of doing. I did it. Charlie was also instrumental in me getting my bumper fillers off the ground. I owe a lot to that dude.

This is the first product of it's type. So far, results have been that 80% of oil leaks can be kept from dripping on the ground, track and crossover pipe. Note: Up until now, the joke has been that if it ain't leaking oil, you might want to check the oil level. I hope to change all that.

Please post feedback on this and how it works on your car and combo. I now give you...

The "Drip-Lip".

20180322_165245.jpg
20180322_165659.jpg

Spoolfool Production Drip-Lip

*Catches engine oil from 3.8 liter Turbo Buick engine.
*Keeps smoking oil off the exhaust cross over pipe.
*Must have for street or strip car.
*Half the weight of original.
*Wont rust out.
*Easy install.
*In stock now.
*Made in the USA.

I've got more stuff I'm working on. Thanks for all your support and Happy Spooling... :cool:

Mike Barnard

Last edited:
You making one for the tranny? LOL

Seriously nice product. Great idea. Oil on the crossover is getting played out for me.

So THAT'S what you were referring to!

This looks absolutely awesome! Incredibly practical, beneficial, and I have no doubts on the quality!

Will you have a set of these at the Bates show, so that I can take a look at them?

Mike,

I've been working on these turbo buicks since 1985 when I bought my first one brand new. It is amazing that new products are still being developed for these cars. Hats Off! Great idea!!

Dave

I'm posting it here on this board first.
Funny, but I almost called this thing the "Turbo-Depends".:p
That, or "Spool-drool". My kid (Hailey) came up with the name over diner and a bottle of wine, "Drip-Lip". And so we have it...

This thing is 100% my crazy idea and creation. CharlieF1 and I pondered hours over this thing two years ago. I wasn't sure if it would fly, but he said it was worthy of doing. I did it. Charlie was also instrumental in me getting my bumper fillers off the ground. I owe a lot to that dude.

This is the first product of it's type. So far, results have been that 80% of oil leaks can be kept from dripping on the ground, track and crossover pipe. Note: Up until now, the joke has been that if it ain't leaking oil, you might want to check the oil level. I hope to change all that.

Please post feedback on this and how it works on your car and combo. I now give you...

The "Drip-Lip".

View attachment 319689View attachment 319690I've got more stuff I'm working on. Thanks for all your support and Happy Spooling... :cool:

Mike Barnard
Where do I purchase?...... I don't see it on the spoolproofproductions site.

Yep I’m gonna put one of those pig mats in mine to suck up the oil. The surprising thing that it’s very well built it’s a thick piece of fiberglass!

Awesome! I need this. My car drives me nuts with oil on the garage floor. Sub'd pending the order / availability info.
Now when can we expect flush mounted glass for our cars?? Not kidding....

Awesome idea Mike! It’s shocking this wasn’t done years ago. I’m pretty sure every single Turbo Buick left on the road could use one of these. I know I’ve got some nasty cardboard sitting under my car that tells me I do! Let us know when they are available and the cost! Thanks again for continuing to make new and unique products for these cars.

Thanks guys,

They go on sale tomorrow. Dennis Kirban will have them for show and sale at his big open house tomorrow. http://www.kirbanperformance.com/ Call to reserve one, as they will sell out. Boost Crew Motorsports (A vendor here) http://boostcrewmotorsports.com/ also has my stuff in stock. Price should be around 160 bucks I think. Vendor(s) control that price. I will have a bunch of them in two weeks, at the Turbo Buick .com Nats at Richard Clark's place in NC. https://turbobuick.com/forums/2018-turbobuick-com-nationals-may-2nd-5th.168/

Happy Spooling
Mike Barnard