Spoolfool's new Drip-Lip, oil leak catch thingy.

As of right now, I'm kinda liking what I'm hearing about the Pig Mat. I hear that it repels water, yet absorbs oil. This would be a good thing for those who drive in the rain.

I installed the Pig Mat just to ensure it absorbed as much as possible. Better safe than sorry. :cool:

The guys at Boost Crew put one on a 109 girdled engine. They had to trim the lip back a little, but were able to make it work.

Just an update on mine now. Took a look today and my crossover is clean, still have some on my pan, but I believe my oil pan gasket needs help. It's definitely cleaned things up a bit and does it's job!

Just an update on mine now. Took a look today and my crossover is clean, still have some on my pan, but I believe my oil pan gasket needs help. It's definitely cleaned things up a bit and does it's job!

What percentage of drips did it catch? I'm guessing that it used to drip and smoke oil off the cross over pipe?

The guys at Boost Crew put one on a 109 girdled engine. They had to trim the lip back a little, but were able to make it work.

Good to know, I have a girdle and was wondering if it would fit. Would like to order, who has stock currently ?

Here is what I am going to use for mine. This stuff works great on oil spills in the garage. Had some major spills before I’d rather not discuss and this stuff worked great.

125c1c650bfa9b2bfbdbada1697155d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine installed yesterday. Plenty of clearance around my GN1 crossover and I changed out the paper towel for Pigmat. Due to the how the aftermarket crank was made the rear main doesn't seal very well. I would get a few drips on the crossover on the passenger side, but also a film of oil on the trans pan, cross member, exhaust, all the way back to the rear sway bar. Definitely a good car to test this on. I'll report back after I put some miles on it.
Before.jpg

stock vs drip lip.jpg

After.jpg

Thanks for all the feed back. Please keep it coming. So far, it looks as if this crazy thing works.
I wish I would have thought this thing up years ago. Figured I'd kick it up a notch and make up a few out of carbon fiber to give away. Just need some ideas of how to do it. Here's the link to the contest that I'm proposing. Help me out here guys and let's have some fun with this. :)https://turbobuick.com/threads/new-spoolfool-contest-for-new-product-need-ideas.458712/

The contest posted will be for a very very limited Carbon fiber Drip-Lip. :cool:
GOPR0005.JPG

It weighs a fraction of the stocker, wont ever rust and you most likely will never again have to sit in traffic and get a head ache from smelling 10w30 BBQing off the cross over pipe. o_O
GOPR0008.JPG

Mike-

can the carbon fiber one be purchased outright? ( not part of the giveaway)?

I have your first batch one but want a second one in the carbon fiber.

LMK

I installed mine. The engine is girdled and it did have to be trimmed a little. Clears TA headers and crossover fine. It catches about 80% of the oil but I have some dripping off the starter. At least it’s not dripping on the crossover pipe anymore. The oil is originating either from the rear main seal, back of the pan gasket or back of the girdle. Everything above is bone dry. I’m using PIG Mat.

Last edited:
I’ll donate my oringal one I just bought to a member if I win the carbon fiber one

You can even do another contest to for mine, lol

Last edited:
Mike-

can the carbon fiber one be purchased outright? ( not part of the giveaway)?

I have your first batch one but want a second one in the carbon fiber.

LMK

As of right now, I just made these up for the contest. They did come out nicer than I thought.