Spoolfool's new Drip-Lip, oil leak catch thingy.

Bought one at Kirban's open house for $165, but may have been a special show price. Having trouble getting the original out though. Thinking the crossover needs to come out since I have aftermarket headers. Is it supposed to go in on a stock car without removing the crossover?

Has anybody confirmed fitment with ATR [or various Aftermarket Headers/Crossover Configurations] yet?

thanks
aaron

Bought one at Kirban's open house for $165, but may have been a special show price. Having trouble getting the original out though. Thinking the crossover needs to come out since I have aftermarket headers. Is it supposed to go in on a stock car without removing the crossover?

Had to remove my crossover pipe to get the old one out and the new in.

Mine went in without removing anything on my Stage 1 Motor with TA SS Race headers/crossover...

Just installed mine today pretty easy just loosened up the crossover so I could slide the OEM Metal one out. The Drip Lip slid right in and bolt holes matched perfect. I’m using a TA Performance 2pc crossover and have plenty of room from the cover to the pipe. Only change I did was removed the paper napkin and put in an oil soak mat that I cut to fit this piece. Quality piece over all well built!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four pages and no feed back on results? Throw me a bone here guys. Good, Bad or ugly. I want to hear it.

*How much time have you had it on the car?
*What percentage of leaks did it stop?
*How did it preform with keeping the stinky oil smoke off the cross over pipe?

I'm also interested in what people think works best to replace the cheap paper towel I stuff in the bottom. So far, I'm leaning towards Pig Mat products, but would like to hear results.

Mike B.

Sorry Mike I just did the rear main last year and it’s been bone dry since! Maybe my transmission will leak!!??
I cut a section of the pig mat I had and it was enough for a couple of pads to fit inside the drip lip.

Sorry Mike I just did the rear main last year and it’s been bone dry since! Maybe my transmission will leak!!??
I cut a section of the pig mat I had and it was enough for a couple of pads to fit inside the drip lip.

"Bone dry"?
That is impossible! You obviously have your boost set way too low and need to adjust it up. ;)

Maybe you can loosen up your valve covers or oil pan a bit. :)

Last edited:
Four pages and no feed back on results? Throw me a bone here guys. Good, Bad or ugly. I want to hear it.

*How much time have you had it on the car?
*What percentage of leaks did it stop?
*How did it preform with keeping the stinky oil smoke off the cross over pipe?

I'm also interested in what people think works best to replace the cheap paper towel I stuff in the bottom. So far, I'm leaning towards Pig Mat products, but would like to hear results.

Mike B.

Last weekend I put about 120 miles on it, including several WOT blasts (25 psi) and a street run with a late model Mustang GT (I won). Over the weekend, no drips in my driveway, the girl friends driveway, or Pop’s house when I visited with him Sunday evening. Nothing burning and stinking off the crossover.

I looked under the car Thursday (parked since Sunday night) and there was a quarter sized spot. Crawled under it and it was from a little off the trans lines, too far forward for the lip to cover. Bottom of the cut Oil-Dri pad that I folded and stuffed in there is not wet yet.

Great product. I definitively recommend it for anyone not skilled or lucky enough to get these things to stop leaking at high boost.

I pulled my pan last year cause I was leaking bad! The rear main seal got nicked and wasn’t holding a seal. Pulled it out cleaned up with some brake fluid and some Permatex Ultra grey in the cavity and now she is sealed up really good! For now on I’m only using rear main seals if I have the motor on a stand. I have a Hughes Trans pan and there was no cutting needed for the Drip Lip.

It’s been on the car a week now. And no spots or leaks under my car. I really like it and I think the HOA will like it too.

Crossover pipe is dry, no smells or smoke.

I did swap out the paper towel and put in the Pig Mat. (see below)

Personally I really like it and would recommend it.

09BC51C0-2B72-45DC-94C4-73ACDE01302A.jpeg