Spoolfool's new 1 pc. bumper fillers for sale.

Jack, it has been my pleasure to know Mike for many years & a more honest person you won't find. He is the type of guy that would never put money before the customer. This is a small community & news travels fast especially if its bad chances are the vendor that pulled this stunt won't last very long.

Thanks Lou.
My turn to buy lunch. No place is too nice. Unless it cost more than five bucks.:D

GM-EFI just did a nice article on installing a set of my fillers. I'm totally stoked!
http://www.gm-efi.com/tech/project-wicked6-spooling-a-refresh/

Mike B.

Quick question. I'm interested in these but have a few questions. Just like on any car, some of the engineering made perfect sense, while others were just plain stupid. The trick is knowing which was really good from the factory and what should be changed out the day you buy the car. With bumper fillers, they were made flexible from the factory. Was that for a specific reason that we could have overlooked, or are they perfectly fine with zero flex.

Quick question. I'm interested in these but have a few questions. Just like on any car, some of the engineering made perfect sense, while others were just plain stupid. The trick is knowing which was really good from the factory and what should be changed out the day you buy the car. With bumper fillers, they were made flexible from the factory. Was that for a specific reason that we could have overlooked, or are they perfectly fine with zero flex.

I would only be guessing why GM did things the way they did. I suspect that manufacturing costs were high on the list. Flexible filers were used on many of GM's cars in the 70'S and 80's. Most all of the ones that I've seen, were wavy as gravy, and buckled in where they snug down to the fender or quarter panel. In GM's "wisdom", these parts were not designed to last forever. My hand laid fiberglass fillers are ridged enough look great and not need a flex agent to paint, yet they will collapse in an accident before the body panel buckles.

Mike B.

Thanks Tori for doing this very cool time lapse video. :)

Mike B.

Mike you make a great product i purchased the one piece rear filler and it was an easy install and looks great.. only thing is where the lic. plate is water sits there and has no where to go and when it dries you have the dirt left over.
I may drill two small holes by each corner. how do you suggest I can go about doing it without ruining the filler.

Hmmmmm.

It doesn't do that on mine. Possibly because I wash my car, parked on a slight up hill. In your avatar, it looks like you park your car on a slight down hill. I wonder if you could wedge a little something between the filler and the bumper, to angle the filler down a bit and not have pooling water? I wouldn't drill holes, if you don't have to. IMO, it's a focal point on the car and should be kept as clean as possible. If you must, use an 1/8" bit and stuff a black Sharpie pen in the hole to blacken it out. Please post up picks, if you decide to do it.

Mike B.

yea my car sits outside on a slope. any rain water or when i wash it sits there.. no big deal. if i do make holes there gonna be small enough hopefully not to see but its such a masterpiece i dont want to touch it lol..

Started getting ready to install Spoolfool's front and rear fillers.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/03/04c64ad11cea1f7c6e5b3cda452c681d.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/03/dd53a91be61a5edc5171332a99123994.jpg
297c00444c9e3b1711ef6242e9e061b7.jpg
da9c4d75c35737c60074bfdc638ae314.jpg

Will post more once installed.

Chris,
Thanks for buying my bumper fillers.
Don't forget to watch the install videos. Let me know if you have any questions. I am very reachable.:)

Mike B.
(949) 433-1257

Installed my rear filler today and it's NIIIIIICE!
Only had to tweak the mounting studs a bit here and there and then it slipped right on!

Hey Spoolfool!
I added the Spoolfool Magnetic Quarter Panel Protectors, the Stock Appearing Radiator Hold Down and the Spoolfool "Flatty" Style Radiator Hold Down to the Spoolfool Productions website. They're on the home page slider and all linked to the "Our Products" page I'll add the video and blog link next chance I get.
http://www.spoolfoolproductions.com/

With a typical factory painted Grand National, is the "black" these COME-IN as nice as them having to be painted ? I.O.W: Has ANYONE polished these, and left them "AS-IS" ?, IF YES: is the appearance literally the same as HAVING them painted IN black ?.

End run: "save the COST of having to paint them" ! *any "testimonial's" are appr. ;):)

With a typical factory painted Grand National, is the "black" these COME-IN as nice as them having to be painted ? I.O.W: Has ANYONE polished these, and left them "AS-IS" ?, IF YES: is the appearance literally the same as HAVING them painted IN black ?.

End run: "save the COST of having to paint them" ! *any "testimonial's" are appr. ;):)

The gloss black fillers are a close match to the black paint. They are not perfect. They are close enough that most people wont notice unless you point it out. 80% of the people who buy these for a GN don't paint them. If this is the case, just put a coat of wax on them and treat them like the rest of the paint on your car. Check out the last two minutes of this video for what they look like in the shade and in the sun. This was shot with HD Gopro.

Note: Fillers are on special right now for 700 bucks for a full set. That saves 40 bucks. :cool:

Mike Barnard

Mike: WHERE can I order ? *can I go to a site, and order via "PayPal" ? . ;)

What state do you live in? I try to guide people to their nearest vendor. This usually saves some dough on shipping. Right now, fillers are on special for 700 bucks for a full set.

Michigan ! :- )
You can call either Kirban's Perf in PA. Or Boost Crew Motorsports in Louisville KY. Both are vendors on this board with links to their sites. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike B.