Spoolfool's Alum turbo shield anyone?

Years ago, my buddy Jed and I made a one off Aluminum Turbo shield for my GN. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/my-custom-aluminun-turbo-shield.305748/ Since then, many of you have bugged the crap out of me to make you one. So far, I've said no to everyone. Right now, I'm considering doing a run of these things for those who've waited or want one.

This is pictured with my 3" THDP. It fits nice with internal or external WG. It seems to fit great with the stock set up to. If you've got bigger than a 3" DP, you may need to file the opening for proper fitment.

My heat shield is brushed with 400 grit sand paper. I was then going to polish it out, but liked the way it looked and had it clear coated with a ceramic coat. This coating cost me $65.00 to have done. I've got about an hour into sanding it. If I sold them like this, I'd have to charge $350.00 to have it make sense. What I'd rather do is just sell them in the aluminum mill finish and let you guys brush, polish, powdercoat, anodize, paint, clear coat, or whatever you want to do to them. I can do them for $250.00 this way.

Anyone interested?

Mike Barnard

It looks good Mike but have to see oen without all your extra labor and coating to see how it looks. From what I read it works with with the one piedce 3 inch down pipe?

if so that would be a plus...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have to buy it rite in order to offer it.

You still have any of these left Mike? I could probably build one but I just keep coming back to them, man they look insanely awesome. I have a 3 1/2 TA downpipe, how much trimming will I have to do for a fit? Seems almost blasphemous to have to do anything to them!

You still have any of these left Mike? I could probably build one but I just keep coming back to them, man they look insanely awesome. I have a 3 1/2 TA downpipe, how much trimming will I have to do for a fit? Seems almost blasphemous to have to do anything to them!

Shouldn't have to do much or any trimming to do. It's 6061 aluminum, so it does file quite easy. I still have some left.:)

Mike B.

I think I've got about seven turbo shields left. When they're gone, they're gone. Click on the first page of this thread for pics. Click on my banner for the link to my website. Call me for shipping costs. My number is under my avatar.

Mike Barnard

I haven't ran a turbo cover on my last few cars as I had gotten the exhaust housing ceramic coated, but I gotta say those turbo shields you are producing are a very good looking premium product. If I talk my wife into letting me get another TR for more daily driving I'd grab one in a heartbeat..... Very impressive piece of bling

Turbo Shields are back. Probably not for long. People have been bugging me for a couple years to do another run of these.
We made up another twenty. Without telling anyone, 6 are already sold. I took three to RC's event. They sold before I ever got them out of the box. Guess I have about fourteen left. I'm posting it here first. It will most likely be years before I have the time to do another run. My vendors don't have these. Spoolfool only. Money orders only. Lowest numbers go first. Call for details.

Mike Barnard
(949) 433-1257

Can I get see a pic of one ? The chrome one I had fit my ta49 but just upgraded to a te61 and it wouldn't fit due to hitting the bolt heads . I also have a TH down pipe . Thanks Keith

www.spoolfoolproductions.com

They fit nice with a THDP. Here's mine.

GN engine, brushed alt 028.JPG
GN engine, brushed alt 029.JPG

This is not the car , just a pic I had . The bolts that I circled is where my other shield hit . It fit my 49 but will not fit the 61 so one would have to be cut real close to the top of the shield for it to fit properly . Thanks Keith

Such an awesome looking little piece. When I put that on my old setup it completely improved the way the whole motor looked. Should have been a factory piece from GM.

This is not the car , just a pic I had . The bolts that I circled is where my other shield hit . It fit my 49 but will not fit the 61 so one would have to be cut real close to the top of the shield for it to fit properly . Thanks Keith

I think I know what your problem is. I'll bet that your "J" bracket is mounted on the wrong side of the tabs that come off the turbo.