Spoolfool's Alum turbo shield anyone?

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Years ago, my buddy Jed and I made a one off Aluminum Turbo shield for my GN. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/my-custom-aluminun-turbo-shield.305748/ Since then, many of you have bugged the crap out of me to make you one. So far, I've said no to everyone. Right now, I'm considering doing a run of these things for those who've waited or want one.

This is pictured with my 3" THDP. It fits nice with internal or external WG. It seems to fit great with the stock set up to. If you've got bigger than a 3" DP, you may need to file the opening for proper fitment.

My heat shield is brushed with 400 grit sand paper. I was then going to polish it out, but liked the way it looked and had it clear coated with a ceramic coat. This coating cost me $65.00 to have done. I've got about an hour into sanding it. If I sold them like this, I'd have to charge $350.00 to have it make sense. What I'd rather do is just sell them in the aluminum mill finish and let you guys brush, polish, powdercoat, anodize, paint, clear coat, or whatever you want to do to them. I can do them for $250.00 this way.

Anyone interested?

Mike Barnard

Years ago, my buddy Jed and I made a one off Aluminum Turbo shield for my GN. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/my-custom-aluminun-turbo-shield.305748/ Since then, many of you have bugged the crap out of me to make you one. So far, I've said no to everyone. Right now, I'm considering doing a run of these things for those who've waited or want one.

This is pictured with my 3" THDP. It fits nice with internal or external WG. It seems to fit great with the stock set up to. If you've got bigger than a 3" DP, you may need to file the opening for proper fitment.

My heat shield is brushed with 400 grit sand paper. I was then going to polish it out, but liked the way it looked and had it clear coated with a ceramic coat. This coating cost me $65.00 to have done. I've got about an hour into sanding it. If I sold them like this, I'd have to charge $350.00 to have it make sense. What I'd rather do is just sell them in the aluminum mill finish and let you guys brush, polish, powdercoat, anodize, paint, clear coat, or whatever you want to do to them. I can do them for $250.00 this way.

Anyone interested?

Mike Barnard

He'll ya ! Count me in for one where do I send the money! Would love to put one on my gn. Mike cover is awesome best looking cover ever

I'd be in for one. Possibly 2. I'd need one of them to be provided with no holes since the holes need to be offset a bit on my combo.

Please PM me when you want payment. I'm in for one like yours (i.e. I'm in for one at $350 if that is an option).

Thanks-CZ

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Please PM me when you want payment. I'm in for one like yours (i.e. I'm in for one at $350 if that is an option).

Thanks-CZ

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes!
This thing is happening. In fact, they are almost done. Price will be $250.00 each, plus shipping. I should have all the details in the next week. Just working out a few final things. :)

Mike B.

Been busy.
Anyone want to help me clean off the back of my car? :eek:

Mike B.

Did 3 prototypes. Those are gone. Then did a run of 20. Two of those are gone and I haven't even put them up for sale yet. I've got 18 left. First come first serve. $250.00 each. Plus ten bucks for the box. bubble wrap, shipping to the lower 48, and for me to buy a beer at the end of the day. Total $260.00. Money orders or cashiers checks only. Call me after 9:00 AM West Coast time and I'll give you my address. That way I wont get more people sending me money once these sell out. Turbo shields will go out the same or next day day I get your payment. Just like bumper fillers.;)

Mike B.

Last edited:
Each one is numbered and has my spoolfool logo on the back side. (Against the fire wall).
Included are four pollished stainless steel allen cap screws and washers , shown below.

This turbo shield is made from 6061 T-6 aluminum. It is sold in the raw mill finish only. It may have some small imperfections, as that is the nature of this type of product. I will include a small piece of extra fine Scotchbrite pad, for those that want to keep that look going for many years. Here's prototype #2 on Gary Wells TA-49 with a 3"THDP.

For those like myself that run a double ball bearing turbo and need the oil feed restrictor fitting. This raises the oil feed line until it hits the turbo shield. Here's what I did. The bottom half of the feed line is stainless hard line. The top half is teflon steel braided hose with a Stainless 90% fitting on the top. I tweaked it a hair tighter than the 90%. It cost me about 60 bucks to have made. When I need to remove the turbo, the line just swings out of the way.

Mike B.

This also fits nice with a stock down pipe and elbow. I'll post pics when I get a chance. If you've got a monster down pipe, you may need to file off a bit to make it fit nice. This is aluminum. It is easy to work with.;)

What to do with the finish?
*Leave it mill finish.
*Brush it with 400 grit sand paper.
*Brush it with 400 grit sand paper and do a clear ceramic coat on top. (that's what I did).
*Polished aluminum.
*Anodize.
*something else?

Been waiting on these!!;)I will call you tomorrow to get my name on one.They look BAD ASS but thats what we expect out of you.:D

No Paypal option? I'll cover the 3%. Otherwise I'll give you a call to get in line. Great job! I look forward to getting one!

Sorry, no Paypal. Money order or cashiers checks only. 16 left. Lowest numbers go first.

I sent one to Benny and Prasad for this weekend's big GNTTYPE car show raffle. :) Sometimes I think I give away more stuff than I sell. :D Congrats on another great car show, guys. Thanks for letting me be part of it.

Mike B.

Mike, please contact me through here when the covers become available ........AL LOOK INSANE

Mike, please contact me through here when the covers become available ........AL LOOK INSANE

Thanks. Contacted.
They are now available.;)
Don't wait too long.

Mike B.