SpeedPro: Fuel vs TPS ????

foxspy

Hey guys,

On the AE Fuel vs. TPS Position table it has enrichment % vs. tps %. My question is, I have not messed with this table yet, but it goes from 100% enrichment at 0% TPS to -70%enrichment at 50% tps. This doesn't make since to me, should the enrichment go up as tps goes up?? Can someone explain this table to me? The user manual that came with my speed-pro computer isn't very helpful on some tables.

Thanks,

The more throttle (higher % TPS) the less percent of enrichment you will need. Most of the enrighment is needed on tip in, around 12 - 20 percent. Mine goes down quickly after this. I think I have no enrichment somewhere around 50% throttle position.

This is the amount of fuel "available" for accelaration enrichment from what I understand. Not what it is actually using. Think of it as accerator pump volume on a carb. people put 50cc accelarator pump kits on carbs because they need more volume available. As you start accelarating and the squirters pump fuel into the car there is less left in the pump. More at the beginning and less as you use it.