Speedpro/Classic FAST installation (HELP?)

You need to relocate the IAT Sensor to after the intercooler. I prefer behind the TB in the lower intake or plenum. The up pipe will work if you don't want to take things apart. A VE of 56 at idle is real high. What is your injector offset in m/s (on [F5] screen)?

F5 Global Setup Parameters
table cell width 500
rev limit high 7000
rev limit low 6500
engine revs to run mode 12
crank to run mode 400
fuel pump prime 4 seconds
injector opening time (ms) 1.2

fan on 172.10
fan off 160.15
crank ref angle *btfc 10.00
inductive delay 96

in speed density mode

the IAT is in the up pipe before the alky nozzles

Cal, would it be possible to send you my ecu and combo and you can get a closer baseline on here.. the combo this tune was used for is pretty different than mine.

There isn't any need to send me the ecu. If you want a start up tune, give us a call and we will email you a build sheet to fill out and then I can create the tune off of that

If your uisng 96 lb injectors the 1.2 ms injector opening time is making things too fat, bring it down to .9 and put 25 in the ve table and 13.5 af table for idle and see how it runs........

I'm surprised it's so lean with the 1.2 injector opening time and the air temp of 60 degrees. According to the screen shot it's idling at 13.3:1 Of course that is just one moment and not over time. I don't know anything about the combination. Unless it's a pretty radical combination, the MAP seems pretty high and the 500 cell width probably isn't needed.

If you look at he Bpw of 3.4ms.........it would be drowing in fuel at 800 rpm with 95s unles the fuel pressure is like 20 psi........something is not right, or its some real thirsty motor..

Norbs the ecu WAS used with 96# inj. I am using 83s.

I will play with the lap top and report back. Cal if you can email a build sheet form to me that would be great I always miss you guys due to the difference in time zone.

Paulgn87@yahoo.com

Well, if your using 83's you should be still be looking under 2 ms, can you post some quick details about the motor...

Norb

Forged 109 motor, steel centers, 9.3-1 comp ratio fully ported iron heads, 210,215 roller, 1.65 roller rockers, 6266 CEA DBB turbo, 83# Injectors, Paxton pump, razors dual nozzle alky, gn1 front mount, etc. if u need more infor let me know what.

May be jumping up to a 6765 DBB just haven't done anything cause I haven't figured the FAST out yet. Thanks Norbs and Cal.

Forged 109 motor, steel centers, 9.3-1 comp ratio fully ported iron heads, 210,215 roller, 1.65 roller rockers, 6266 CEA DBB turbo, 83# Injectors, Paxton pump, razors dual nozzle alky, gn1 front mount, etc. if u need more infor let me know what.

May be jumping up to a 6765 DBB just haven't done anything cause I haven't figured the FAST out yet. Thanks Norbs and Cal.
What is the cubic inch?, this tune you want is for alky ?

Norbs its actually a 238ci i thought it was 249 but it is stoke stroke .030 over. Yeah this tune is for alky but i am hoping to do a street tune on 91 pump gas and alky @25 psi and a race tune on C16 (and alky if it will help) @ around 30psi. Will probably hold off on the race tune till Cal is in California.

Cal
Will send out the form in the morning.

Here is a street gas tune for no alky if you wan to see how it runs for now.

Attachments

• 83 street 91.zip
    1,023 bytes · Views: 91
Ok Paul, i have made you a test tune, and you have not responded if its running or not. As Cal knows it takes time to build even a base tune, and do this on the board as a favour to board members and I don;t make any profits on it. Please at least give us an update on your progress with the car, is all I am asking.

The car starts and idles much better! Almost a complete 180. I haven't had time to do ANY work on the car. Working 7 12's and having several projects in the garage makes it hard to get anything done. We are caught up at work as of 2 days ago so I will test drive and see how it responds. Thanks for the tune it's a big help and I deeply appreciate it. I was amazed when the car started and idled steady! I still need to find out when Cal will be in California for a c16 tune. For now I will be taking it to a local tuner for an alky/pump gas tune.He is very conservative but that's ok for now. I'm sure your start up tune will get the car to the dyno, before the tune you made the car wasn't even drivable.

No I am leaving the race tune for you Cal and will have a conservative street tune done by the local tuner. Where in California will you be? I'm in Los Angeles. Can you PM me the price for the dyno time/tuning?

I have a race in Pomona May 16-19. I plan on coming out a couple days early to do some work at a couple shops in the area. If all else fails, I will meet up with you then.
Additionally, I received a text last night from a guy who is putting together a dyno day in southern cal. I will pm you the details when a date is finalized

Paul. If Cal is going to be in your area, don't think about a small incremental cost and TAKE ADVANTAGE of the expertise. You will not regret the turnkey service involved in getting a tune right. Can make the difference if you enjoy the hobby or not as many have learned. Cal, coincidentally, I might be in Cali the dates of your race - I'll need to remember to try to figure that out when the date get closer.

I'm pretty invested in my car so it just wouldn't make sense to cut corners with the tune. Cal will definitely have a part in it.

Cal I can book a dyno jet that is local to me, about a 1 hour drive from Pomona. And will also have a stage car with XFI that the owner wants to tune to make it worth your while. As soon as you know what your schedule here will be we can set things up. Ill make time to call you now that I am back to just a 40 hour week.