Speedo gear for th400

wb_7354

Does anyone have a correct speedo gear for Turbo 400, 3:42 rear, 28” diameter tire.

Or where can I get the correct one?

Thanks Bill

You need to know what your drive gear tooth count is. Your best bet is to go on TCI's website and they gave a speedo gear calculator.
AG.

You need to know what your drive gear tooth count is. Your best bet is to go on TCI's website and they gave a speedo gear calculator.
AG.
Thank you. I am on TCI’s website. There are around 20 to choose from. I’ll have to pull the drive shaft to count the teeth on the drive gear.

Thank you. I am on TCI’s website. There are around 20 to choose from. I’ll have to pull the drive shaft to count the teeth on the drive gear.
Just pull the driven gear housing and look at the color of the drive gear. That will tell you how many teeth it has. Gray=15 Red=17 Blue=18 yellow=19

hi what did he tell you enlighten us.thanks
I wish I remembered. Of course, I would share it.

My 400 didn't even have the drive gear in it. So I called and told him I needed both the drive-gear and the driven-gear. He asked what speedo gear housing I had. I took a picture on my phone and sent it to him on the spot. Then he asked how tall my tire was, and what rear ratio I had. I told him 28 inch and 3.42. Then he told me the colors/part numbers. But then I believe he made me call Jeg's and order it.

Hold on. I may have taken a picture and have in an old e-mail to a friend. I'll look.

hi what did he tell you enlighten us.thanks
Nope. I'm sorry can't find it. And I can't remember what colors the gears were. But I remember it sucked because I had to take the driveshaft out and the tail off the transmission to slip the drive-gear on with the retaining clip. And of course, it did it on my back on a freezing cold F'n day.

Just pull the driven gear housing and look at the color of the drive gear. That will tell you how many teeth it has. Gray=15 Red=17 Blue=18 yellow=19
I just called TCI and the tech told me what to get. Done.

How can anyone tell you want you need if you don’t know the drive gear tooth count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can anyone tell you want you need if you don’t know the drive gear tooth count?

I didn’t have either the drive gear or the driven gear in my 400. I told the tech I needed both.

Along with my tire size and rear ratio, He only wanted to know what the housing plate looked like. I sent him a picture of that. Then he hooked me up with both part numbers and also the part number for the retaining clip.

If there was more information I should’ve provided for him then maybe I just got lucky? Because everything worked and was accurate when I installed it after I received it from Jeg’s.

I didn’t have either the drive gear or the driven gear in my 400. I told the tech I needed both.

Along with my tire size and rear ratio, He only wanted to know what the housing plate looked like. I sent him a picture of that. Then he hooked me up with both part numbers and also the part number for the retaining clip.

If there was more information I should’ve provided for him then maybe I just got lucky? Because everything worked and was accurate when I installed it after I received it from Jeg’s.

That’s all that’s needed but being in a tech forum posting that you called another company as your solution doesn’t help anyone determine what they actually need. The gear(s) needed are very easily calculated.

That’s all that’s needed but being in a tech forum posting that you called another company as your solution doesn’t help anyone determine what they actually need. The gear(s) needed are very easily calculated.

I apologize.

I made an attempt to find and share part numbers for some things I bought 4 years. I was unsuccessful.

I didn't realize that sharing my experience was worthless information. Maybe it could be more useful if the OP also finds that he doesn't have a drive-gear on his output shaft. Or maybe it's still worthless. But you are correct. It doesn't help anyone determine what they need.

The chart on TCI's website does.
Oh.........And a phone call to TCI will help a bunch too.

I apologize.

I made an attempt to find and share part numbers for some things I bought 4 years. I was unsuccessful.

I didn't realize that sharing my experience was worthless information. Maybe it could be more useful if the OP also finds that he doesn't have a drive-gear on his output shaft. Or maybe it's still worthless. But you are correct. It doesn't help anyone determine what they need.

The chart on TCI's website does.
Oh.........And a phone call to TCI will help a bunch too.

You shared you called TCI and they told you what to do. You shared nothing useful to that point...

You shared you called TCI and they told you what to do. You shared nothing useful to that point...

So what exactly are you looking to accomplish or what useful information are you providing by pointing out that my posts are completely worthless?

So what exactly are you looking to accomplish or what useful information are you providing by pointing out that my posts are completely worthless?

It was a worthless post. It’s a tech forum. Maybe share the tech as Turbobitt did. Give the OP enough to run on. Or you could always just go call someone and not know why it is as it is

And you hope to accomplish what by sharing this opinion?

When there was no internet, there were phone calls. And there still is today. Why can't learning "why" take place over a phone? An education can't be had through conversation?

Again, I shared my experience. I even went as far as sharing a small part of my install experience. And you are correct again about turobitt.

However, to this point you have offered nothing.