Speed Pro work with 16v charging system?

Guido

Old School
Ive got an opportunity to swap over to a 16v charging system. It should work fine with everything else I have but was unsure if it would work with the speed pro.

I have a bank to bank setup with wide band o2. I bought it last May from Precision Turbo so thats how old it is.

I WAS about to do the same thing myself. You shouldn't have any problems - lots of people do this. I say WAS because I just kicked the rods out of my brand new motor on the dyno. :(

Originally posted by Guido
Ive got an opportunity to swap over to a 16v charging system. It should work fine with everything else I have but was unsure if it would work with the speed pro.
I have a bank to bank setup with wide band o2. I bought it last May from Precision Turbo so thats how old it is.

Injectors love voltage. Their response time decreases, so they open quicker.
The effect is less profound on closing times.

Makes ya just wonder about the 42v systems coming on line...

extra voltage

OK, you mentioned that the injectors love extra voltage? Say I run 2 battery voltages, one for normal functions, and one 24volt (Two 12 volts in series) for the injectors... what would I have to do, and is it possible? Could I just hook up the relay triger to a 24V relay power source to controll the injectors, and a seperate relay for the 12V sensors? This would only be for racing applications, and the 24V battery wouldnt get charged untill after the race, so this would be a quick switch thing, would anything get changed in the tables?

I wouldn't do that. I don't think that the injectors will handle 24 volts unless they are designed for that high of a voltage. I also think you would smoke the injector drivers in your ECU. This would not be cool, if I may state the obvious.

16 volt input

I have been wondering about this voltage issue as well. When we first set up Terry Houstons car using the FAST system we had problems that were finally attributed to low voltage (failing alt). I have a Jacobs unit that supplies a constant regulated 16 volt output. I have used this unit with the stock ECM and powering the entire fuel system and ECM etc. It is only a 50 amp unit so it required isolating items like cooling fans and lights etc and my question is and I believe Craig answered it (just want to confirm it). Are there any down sides or any long term negitives to using this with a FelPro system. Any other thoughts on the subject appreciated. Thanks Dave