Speed Pro data logging during a race how to?

Guido

Old School
I have a speed pro system in my car and I have no problem hitting the space bar on my laptop to data log. The only problem is I also have a trans brake in my car and when I want to use it, I cannot press the space bar and hold the trans brake button. Not that talented yet. hehe

How do I log data and still use my trans brake? I thought there was a way to trigger logging off of a sensor voltage or something of that nature but I havent been able to locate any info on it.

Help?

thanks

It depends on which version of C-Com you are using. It's been so long since I've fiddled with either of them, but yes there is a way to set the trigger based on TPS posiiton, etc. I want to say with the Windows version you press either F8 or F12 to arm the trigger. If it's set to TPS, then when you get on the transbrake and then floor the pedal, the TPS trigger will hit and it will start to log.

If you're using the Windows versoin, go here to view the manual. Look for the Data Logging heading on the left-hand side. That will tell you how to set the triggers and arm them.

I have the DOS version. Ill check that link though. Maybe there is something there that can help me out. Thanks.

I think:

While you are viewing the datalog screen,

Tab allows you to select the parameter used to start logging (TPS over 50% or RPM over 4000 for example).

Return activates the trigger, so that when the condition is met, it will start recording.

And "R" is your refresh rate, i.e. how many times per second the laptop will query the ECM. (You have 150 frames total, so if you set this to 10, you will record 15 seconds - 10 X 15 = 150)

-Bob Cunningham

straight from the actual manual:
[enter] Arms the auto-trigger function
CalCom must be online to arm the auto-trigger(if offline,CalCom will attempt to go online)
A bargraph displaying the auto trigger sensor value will be displayed in the center of the screen indicating the present value of the sensor. Aline across the dark portion of the bargraph will indicate the trigger threshold for data collection.
[tab] Allows selection of the sensor to use for the auto trigger function.
[A] Allows the user to set the trigger level of the auto trigger sensor.
[K] toggles the speaker on and off for simulated engine sound thru the PC speaker.
[L]Allows the user to load the data from a previously saved logging session.
[P] Plays back the currentlog in real time with simulated engine sound thru the PC speaker.
[R]Allows the user to select the frame refresher rate for logging(1-50 frames persecond)
Allows the user to save the data from the current logging session to a file.
[T] Displays the current graph in a time corrected format.

And if ya need any more info I'll bring this manual with to the North /South Shootout But if I decide to run The OUTLAW class this willl cost ya !

Just kidding Curt I'll see ya next week in B.G
Chris

Thanks Chris!! See ya next week.

Heading out the door now to the track tonight. Wish me luck. :)

Good Luck Curt!
Hopefully you can post some singal digit E.T's
Putting mine on the Dyno Friday night then off to RT 41 saturday.If everything works outs ........(850+rwhp) I'll put it in the OUTLAW class just to race ya.

Still getting it worked out. Had some problems last night with the car and it ran out of gas. It DID run 99mph in the 1/8 which while it isnt great, its better than the 94mph I ran last year on my 10.95 pass. Getting it worked out. Going back Friday night.