Spec'ing out a twin setup.

WarShrike

Loud, slow, obscene.
And drowning in the compressor maps. Not sure what to do, even using a turbo calculator I'm not finding the sweet spot.

Here's what I've setup using the calculator: LINK

This is on a 3800 Series II, will be worked over quite a bit with forged/balanced bottom end, ported intake/sheet metal plenum/heads w/ bigger valves and a cam spec'd to work with the new flow characteristics. It will be water to air intercooled, so the AIT's in the calculator might be a bit high, but I also live in the TX panhandle.

I'm not getting into the efficiency levels that I want without going with a dinky sized turbo. I'm not wanting something with peaky power, as it will see daily use and I want to enjoy a beefier power delivery, not just for 1500 rpms before I have to shift.

This has a T-56 swapped in behind it, so that's one reason I'm wanting twins is for better response after shifts. The local drag strips aren't so local anymore so I switched from a 3800 stalled built auto to that...

Goal is 400whp on moderate psi, closer to 600whp up higher for spirited driving, standing mile and other events.

Anybody have any tips? Pointers? Anybody have good results on twins for street use with your GN?

A small single will support those goals so anything with twins will be dinky sized. Twin stock turbo's will make enough to break the parts you have.

I'm sure a single 60-62mm turbo would work well and save you quite a bit of money.

you would need something like a pair of stock WRX turbos to get any sort of decent response from them. otherwise you will have lots of lag. you MAY get close to 550ish wheel horsepower with them.