Spark Plug torque spec TA heads

brif

What is the recommended spark plug torque spec for a set of TA aluminum heads?

What is the recommended spark plug torque spec for a set of TA aluminum heads?

Since the TA head was designed to use plugs with a gasket, generally after the plug makes contact with the head, a 1/8th turn more should seat the plug ok.

What's a good plug to use for 93 and alky for the street?

And how about E85?

I have access to both now here in ATL just haven't decided which.

Thanks

Was using the Autolites but Ive now switched to NGK's per Nick. Forget what heat range I went with.

NGK 6466 is a good resistor plug for TA heads its a basic style production plug that works well. A NGK racing non resistor plug non ext reach with cut back ground strap plug is a 5671-7. Some can get away with -8 on the street but may glaze and slight foul with corn.

In a few cases the non resistor plugs can cause issue with the ecm. Most are fine tho

NGK 6466 is a good resistor plug for TA heads its a basic style production plug that works well. A NGK racing non resistor plug non ext reach with cut back ground strap plug is a 5671-7. Some can get away with -8 on the street but may glaze and slight foul with corn.

I can't find the 6466 on NGK's web site. Can you double check that number, please? Thanks.

14mm, gasket type, 5/8 hex, 3/4 reach, resistor, 7 heat, nickel ground and electrode, v groove.

Last edited: