South Jersey Meet Up

Stamos

Any South Jersey members on here? I live in Cherry Hill and would like to put together a meet up if there is any interest.

Jim

Hmm, I will have to look into MAGNA...thanks! I am still going to attempt a get together very soon. I will keep you posted.

is there interest - I'd be interested? Collingswood has auto show every 3rd Thursday Oct 15

Well, judging from the lack of replies to this thread I'm guessing more get together events might originate at MAGNA. I wasn't aware that Collingswood has a regular car show. I am in Cherry Hill and usually go to the cars and coffee event every Saturday in Mt. Laurel. Typically I am the only GN there. Word is there is a guy who shows up every so often with a clean low mile GNX but I have yet to see it in person.

12 noon till around 3pm
red robin
325 Marketplace Blvd, Hamilton, New Jersey 08691

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/2015-november-monthly-magna-meet-nj-red-robin-hamilton-nj.433845/

Thanks Sounds Like fun...

I got two question(s) for the group...

The state of NJ considers my vehicle 1988 Monte Carlo SS.
It's got a 1987 Grand National engine and tranny.

So What is it?
================
Monte Carlo SS
Grand National
Monte National
Grand Carlo SS

Now what year is it?
================

Thanks

Elmo

really dont care what you drive if you like buick turbos all are welcome ..
bring it .... its an 88 monte and buick powered it would be allowed in most buick race events ..if you come you wont be the only monte there , carmelo should be there with his 88 monte ss black gold striped tan inter with a 4.1 stroked buick turbo

really dont care what you drive if you like buick turbos all are welcome ..
bring it .... its an 88 monte and buick powered it would be allowed in most buick race events ..if you come you wont be the only monte there , carmelo should be there with his 88 monte ss black gold striped tan inter with a 4.1 stroked buick turbo

I plan on bringing it.. Just wondering what car guys and gals consider the actual vehicle. The shell or the engine defines it?
I've been wondering for myself.

the vin .. its an 88 monte
you could put a chevy motor (ls) in a buick and its still a buick but would not be allowed in buick races
but yours being buick powered most racetrack events for buick will allow it to run with buick classes

Last edited:
the vin .. it an 88 monte
you could put a chevy motor (ls) in a buick and its still a buick but would not be allowed in buick races
but yours being buick powered most racetrack events for buick will allow it to run with buick classes

Thanks that's the best answer I've heard yet..
Regardless it's a very special beast.
:cool:))

when its a buick turbo transplanted into something other than a buick regal when talking to a turbo buick crowd we call them hybrids (not a slur) ..
murpshter might even show up with his hybrid ... 70 C10 stepside with 87 lc2 /2004r brf
we even had a 88 mazda hybrid but it gave its heart to the Monte

the TTA is also accepted in the turbo buick world but if a buick turbo is put into any other firebird that wasnt born as a TTA ..its a hybrid

Thanks again - information overload..! - but loved all the suggestions, please keep them coming.