Source to Modify 16" x 8" GTA rim to 10"???

VtheGNMan

Does anyone know of a company that can take and modify rims to 10" wide? I have 16" x 8" GTA rims that are the dimpled style and would love to have them widened to 10" wide.
I know TruDesign Wheel out of Colorado used to do this but their # has been disconnected.
My other option is to buy 8" GTA rims from Parts Place Inc that has them but with the GNX OEM 23 offset so they would look wider. Being I have the rims I would think having modified would be cheaper than buying 2 from them and I'd have a wider rim in the end with more meat. I really don't need an extra set of rims and tires running around.
Anyone have any experience buying from Parts Place?
GBody has them in a 16" x 10" but they are $420 each with my rims as a trade in. Crazy.
Thoughts? Input? Recommendations?

I have been searching for the same thing. I really want to run a 16x10 on the rear of this new car. I talked to Brian at gbody and he is searching for a new company to do the mod. The current company or the pieces they are using have gotten outrageous. I think Brian said his last set he lost money or close to it. Widening is not cheap. :(

Here are a few places I found the other day at work. Weldcraft looks promising, but I haven't heard back yet.

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/index-1.html

http://www.ericvaughnmachine.com/

http://www.wheelsamerica.com/Wheels-America-Wheel-Repair-FAQ.php

I had to figure I wasnt the only one on this. I cant believe no one has chimed in on those 23 offset gnx rims either at parts place. I know they are knock offs but are they really just like the deep dish gnx and otherwise fit great? I d seriously consider those if all else failed.
Keep me posted if do find someone James.

Got a reply back from James at Weldcraft!

James@weldcraftwheels.com

"It is $200.00 per wheel to add from 1/2 to 2 inches to the inside of the 16 inch aluminum wheels.
We are running about 2 weeks on turn around time right now.
Thank you
James"

Not too horrible. This new car will be running a nasty stage 2 so traction will definitely be a concern. Wide drag radials on a 10" tire should do the job nicely. :)

That is awesome you found someone! I will keep him in mind most definitely as this is a winter project for me, especially now that fall cooler temps are here!!! My concern would be the necessity of having to add to the inside of the rim. I don't have my frame boxed and clearance would not allow that much additional backspacing. Am I understanding that correctly?

"It is $200.00 per wheel to add from 1/2 to 2 inches to the inside of the 16 inch aluminum wheels.
Thank you
James"

Not too horrible. This new car will be running a nasty stage 2 so traction will definitely be a concern. Wide drag radials on a 10" tire should do the job nicely. :)

Not necessarily lol. I'd start focusing on suspension first. I got some 275 Hoosier street radials (street slicks) and I only gained a little big of traction from the 245 Radial T/As I had on there before. (I know, wtf right?) Which tells me I have other issues. If I were you I'd follow my traction thread before making any decisions. I'll pm you with my status so you can see what's going on with my car. Unless of course you already have your entire suspension build mapped out. Let me know.

I do have most of it mapped out, both for the temporary (1" lowering spring, Hotchkis sway bar), as well as future once I sell some of my crap (Viking double adjustable coil overs). I am pulling my body off to clean up the frame and paint it, so I am seriosly considering a slight frame notch, as well as all the reinforcements like boxing the frame, extra stiffening for the control arm mounts, etc. The frame will be pretty solid, and the car will be about 1"- 1.5" lower than stock, which doesn't really help squat/traction, but this is a street car not a track car. No cage, no removing sway bars, no drag shocks. Car will be made to handle well, stop well, etc.

Also, I love the look of a 9-10" rear wheel on these cars. So, whether it aids traction or not, it'll look sick. :)

Theirs very few tire choices for 16x10 might wanna re-think that, now 15 or 17 that's a whole different story.

Thank you
James"

+1 for Weldcraft! They are legit, and do the job right. I have been to the shop in person and have had two friends have their wheels widened by them. One was a set of OEM forged Mercury Marauder rears chopped and widened adding to the backspace to run 305's and another friend got the outer barrel on the set of 3-piece Enkei's chopped and widened to lower the offset by 2".