Sorry Guys, but I had to do it......

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
Well the buick will never see the road again, so after buying my first house I figured I would buy something nice for a change instead of a rusted out POS. For the last 3 years I've been wanting Z06, but have been scared to actually pull the trigger. Well 3 weeks ago I finally pulled it. Its a 2001 C5 Speedway white, Mod red interior with 50k on the clock, apparently fairly rare 1 of 137. Almost stock, only a MGW short throw shifter. Would have liked a Electron Blue Z06 with 405 hp, but I really think the white looks sharp on this car. I'm pretty sure this car has always been garage kept, and I too plan on keeping it that way.
Corvette6.jpg
Corvette12.jpg
Corvette15.jpg
Corvette19.jpg
Corvette1.jpg

Damn, I've got an 02 Electron Blue ZO6 I bought about 4 years ago and an 87 GN I bought new. Life is good. Welcome to the ZO6/GN club. The vette feels faster, but the time slip says no. Very nice car, hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

They're a blast, I've owned mine since '05. Kills me having a 2 car garage, wife gets one spot with the caddy, I have to keep either the vette or the GN @ my parents. '01s supposedly had oiling issues @ higher RPMs, Mine is an '01 and have never noticed anything. Common issues are the Steering wheel lock (there's a recall, but do yourself a favor and buy the bypass), ABS codes, Bad oil pressure sending units, Digital HVAC dimming, the rocking seats, and occasionally a leaking rear end. The vette is much faster than the GN on any road course, lol.

I liked the FRC look so much I removed my soft top and now have a Z06 look a like!

Nobody will believe you when you tell them you get 27-30mpg either

Attachments

• newtop1.jpg
    newtop1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 277
Looks clean. I miss my C4. Some day I will get another Vett. Just need to get rid of some other projects first.

Congrats.:)

Mike B.

Congrats Dave! Car looks real nice!

Hey you can you send me that cover you made?

Now that you bought this car Dave, I think you should give me your Buick!
It would be going to a good home!
;)

Thanks guys. If anyone wants whats left of the buick its at RC's, I just want the rims for scrap, lol

Scot, I will try and send you that cover soon, its still sittin at my moms..... along with all the other crap I haven't brought to my house yet.

Nice ride brother. Love the white, you don't see many white ones. I also have a 01 ZO6. Mine is Quicksilver Metallic with a forged LS6 & a APS Twin Turbo kit. 660 rwhp on 93 octane. Welcome to the ZO6/GN club.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I also have a 01 ZO6. Mine is Quicksilver Metallic with a forged LS6 & a APS Twin Turbo kit. 660 rwhp on 93 octane. Welcome to the ZO6/GN club.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app[/quote]

Pics please ! (y)

I also have a 01 ZO6. Mine is Quicksilver Metallic with a forged LS6 & a APS Twin Turbo kit. 660 rwhp on 93 octane. Welcome to the ZO6/GN club.

Pics please ! (y)[/quote]

Don't tease us.. pictures now! Lol

oops messed up in post #17, i took out some of the original quote from 86buickgn when i wrote my reply + some how it left out the whole quote box + looked like i was saying i have a turbo zo6 also.
but I actually just did the little part asking for pics from 86buickgn.
Sorry about the confusion, I'm not sure why it left out the reply box in the post.
The only pics i could produce right now are of an old multicolored dodge pickup. :eek:

Last edited:
TOE-----TALL------LEE------AWESOME, DAVE!!! I'm so happy for you finally getting a Z06! Great and fast Vette, hands down! Wow! Great to hear! Totally jealous!!!

Back in 2005 I was up in Winchester, Virginia buying my loving wife a 1999 Buick Lesabre Limited. The salesman saw me drooling over a yellow 2002 Corvette Z06 in the lot.....wouldn't you know it? It was his! He asked if I wanted a ride in it.....what?!? Of course! Jeez! What a stupid question to ask ol' Brucie!

He turned left onto a main street in Winchester, speed limit 25 mph. Before I knew it, in one city block he hit over 125 mph!!!! I'm not kidding! Then stood on the brakes for the upcoming stop sign.....I had to practically scrape my face off the windshield! God was on my side that day....supposed some sap pulled out from a driveway during that test run....geez. One of the coolest takeoffs in a Vette ever for me! Like a damn F-15!

He offered to sell it to me then....great timing....I just emptied my bank account for my wife's Buick and I get the deal of a lifetime, to which this day I regret I couldn't do it. As life can be.

You will go to bed every night with a well deserved smile, Dave. You've earned it......this Vette will give you a who different outlook on life.

Also, congratulations on your new house! Great feeling isn't it? Hope you'll still be after the 30 year mortgage is over! Nothing like your first house, really, it's just wonderful. I hope you have a garage for that Z06.....if not, send me your address, I'd like to come over some dark, late night to stea......I mean, ah, er, well, I'm just jealous!

Congrats, Dave. Very happy for you.......man, a Z06! Vette of my dreams.

Bruce '87 Grand National