sorry for yet another headgasket question...

flying3

I went to start my car up for the first time in about a month i let it idle for a bit and i noticed some smoking....i looked from under the car there is a liquid of somesort coming from the back of the passenger side head....is this a headgasket or could it be something else? could it just need re-tourqued its a fairly fresh engine..

I went to start my car up for the first time in about a month i let it idle for a bit and i noticed some smoking....i looked from under the car there is a liquid of somesort coming from the back of the passenger side head....is this a headgasket or could it be something else? could it just need re-tourqued its a fairly fresh engine..

what color if it is green or water it is probably coming from headgasket or intake gaskt. you may want to try and retorque your intake

When you say some sort of liquid, does that include the possibility that it is oil? If so, it could be the valve cover gasket or the back of the intake manifold.

If it's oil chris is probably right.If it's antifreeze it could be the heater water valve or heater core hoses leaking down the back of the engine.

You need 1st ID the fluid...

Retorquing a HG will NOT solve THAT problem,

Tightening a valve cover will possibly buy you some time,

Retorquing an intake manif gasket MAY buy you some time--but is fairly easy to replace on the overall SCALE of difficulty (believe me-- I've done it 3-times due to backfiring, etc.)

My HG's (both sides) blew out w/o any KR on SM or knock counts on Casper's gauge...:confused:

alright thanks guys ill re-torque the valve cover and intake and see if that doesnt help and if not ill bite the bullet and change the headgasket! thanks guys