Something is not right

Wld87GN

So I took the GN out last night for quick trip to the gas station to get it filled up. On the way there it was running fine, and then all of the sudden it started making a loud intermittent screaching sound (it changed with the throttle speed) and progressively got worse.

I immediately turned around and got it home and by this time it started sounding like complete shit. The one thing I noticed is that there was a significant loss of power and the oil pressure would not go above 25#, but... if you watch the video (in the link) you will hear that something is very wrong (once the link opens, don't forget to click on the image to open the video).

blob:https://www.facebook.com/57320363-4739-4138-a57e-09240628db7c

Last edited:
Do you have a mechanical oil pressure gauge, or electric?
If mechanical, and your oil pressure won't go above 25psi, I would suspect something really bad has happened.
One quick thing you can check, is to take your Cam Sensor cap off (two philips head screws) no need to disconnect the electrical connector. Now, check to see if the reluctor wheel on the cam sensor is tight, or if it spins with little effort. If it spins with little effort you got a serious problem.

Did this happen just steadily cruising, or were you WOT when the sound started?

Has there been any hard maintenance items replaced lately? Torque converter? Oil pump related? Cam sensor? Etc..
Those are the first things that come to mind based on your initial report.

-Patrick-

Usually when you hear that screech it ain’t good. Probably has a bearing on the way out if the oil pressure dropped