'Soft' Poly Body Mount Bushings

hawkfan

The body mount bushings are an issue for many TR owners and G body enthusiasts in general. The issue is we only have factory or repro rubber which are expensive and getting harder to come by or polyurethane kits which are MUCH cheaper but can be too harsh for a street car. Since poly comes in many durometers(soft--->rock hard) why can't a vendor come up with a lower durometer kit that is as soft as factory rubber with all of the benefits of polyurethane? The vendor that comes out with this would make a killing with the G body guys.

Great idea!! I'd buy a set. and get rid of the harshness of my current Energy Suspension ones!!
John A, Turbohh

Like I said before, this would be a hot seller for any vendor who steps up. The entire Gbody community needs these. They wouldn't even have to match Energy Suspension's or Prothane's prices and they'd still sell. Just use a set of brand new bushings to make a mold and use 60A or 70A durometer poly to make them.

I emailed Energy Suspension about getting their Gbody poly bushing kit in a softer durometer. They replied their kit has a durometer rating of 70 which is 'street friendly'. They said if it was any softer, it would 'crush out'. Does anybody know the durometer of the stock rubber bushings for comparison???