so, yesterday, i bought a rare twin turbo Regal T Type. need suggestions.

I went back through my power tour pics today to find that regal, it was a number 11 like the mountain dew but the 1/4 panels were blanked over with darrell waltrip written on them. I DID stumble across a pic of another turbo regal with the exact same ground effects on it as you have, in black they don't look too bad.

I need some suggestions. I want to do what is right for the history of the car and the engine. The car itself is ultra molested said:
I would try to bring it back to the modified condition that it was originally intended. I would saving the history of the vehicle.

Attachments

• 529px-BuickV6-Indy_Pace.jpg
    529px-BuickV6-Indy_Pace.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 303
Tried to start it today. No start. I'm going to pull plugs and start checking for fuel and spark.

It's a unique car to say the least. It looks like it must have been built originally for the world of wheels. I don't doubt there was a ton of money put into it at one time but it was also very customized to the owners particular taste. The history on the drivetrain would be neat to know. I think I'd be looking for a clean roller if I was in your shoes.

Good luck on your project.

Neal

Yes. It was out of gas. Sometimes it's the simple things. The engine/transmission is about to be removed on Monday. After a Mobil 1 oil change, The lifters quieted down a lot. Idled smooth. The turbos are a bit sticky so I'm sending them out to be rebuilt. The exhaust manifolds are going to be media blasted and coated. Maybe re-chromed. I can't wait to get this engine on the stand so i can get it cleaned up. I'm taking a lot of pictures and documenting the restoration.

A real piece of automotive history there, especially if you can document it! Banks did wonders for the turbo motors back in the 70's. I remember a Hot Rod article back in 1981 with banks doing up a TT 350 in a custom 1973 Corvette, and going 10.89 at 130 with it. Unheard of for a strret car back then. I was doing a custon '73 Corvette at that time, and the power he was making was so unreal, that I bought one of his units to put on my car. Had Scott Shafiroff build me a "355' with that system, cleaned up set of 2.02 valve heads, an Erson cam and dyno'd at 596 H.P back 33 years ago. Can you imagine a blow through Carb. system making that power? For many years it was a street killer at Fountain ave. and tufbuick can attest to that!:)

9Xa99tC.jpg

This article from may 1981? If you ever want quality scans of it, let me know. I plan on getting some done with the pages that covered the V6 build.

9Xa99tC.jpg

This article from may 1981? If you ever want quality scans of it, let me know. I plan on getting some done with the pages that covered the V6 build.

That's the one! Thanks, but I have a booklet from Banks with that article in it!

Got the carburetor off
ljfxhEG.jpg

It's coming out!
G2gwxu4.jpg

Rossi transmission. I was wondering if it was the original transmission.
KoLrRrz.jpg

It's out. Time to clean it for the first time in 6 years
cainGFk.jpg

Mike,

It looks like this build was based off one the aftermarket Buick blocks that pre-date the Stage I and II blocks so I would guess it was built around 1980. If you pull the pan you should see the block has much heavier main webs than a stock block but still has 2 bolt main caps. I suspect it has stock crank / rods because it has a stock balancer and appears to be externally balanced. It will be cool to see what's in there when you dig a bit further into the project.

Neal

The bottom end was built by Kenne Bell. Balanced crankshaft, H beam rods, custom made pistons.