So.....Where was YOUR TB originally purchased??

Originally sold from Tyson Buick in North Fort Worth. I purchased it in 2006 from a board member in Mississippi and brought it back to Fort Worth.

I just wondering did any members purchase there T/B from a Southern State, 90% of the post on this thread are from Northern States.
Anyway my Buick was born in Michigan an raise in Tennessee ..The adopted Dealer is Twin City Buick in Alcoa ,TN only 15 miles away
from my home. This is a local Car !!!
I know in the late 80's the economy was booming here in the North East, probably why so many were sold here. That, and the dealers were buying up TR's from other dealers from across the country as they couldn't fill all the orders they had for them! I witnessed myself driving by the Buick dealers local to me trailer loads of TB's being delivered all the time. Hell you couldn't drive 5 miles without passing one when these cars were new. NOW, as our economy tanked here, I rarely see them, in fact I probably saw a few all last year.

Sold new at Belmont Motor Company in New Bloomfield PA. One owner car prior to me!

My late Dad bought two '87 Grand Nationals from Temple Buick in Alexandria, Virginia back in May 1987. One of them is now mine, the other one, some hot shot boss in the company Dad worked with wanted it very, very bad, so Dad sold it to him.....don't ask why, I have no idea.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I purchased my 86 t type from the second owner in Iowa. The car originally was sold from ewing Buick in Texas.

Dark blue metallic, blackout trim and tan leather with column shift.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Car Shots 003.JPG
DSC00060.JPG
My previous Gunmetal Gray 86' T-Type was also from Ewing Buick in Ft. Worth, TX. They were still in business about 10 years ago. I spoke to an older salesman who still worked there and he remembered my car because it had so many option deletes and the dealer installed ASC Astroroof and he also knew the man who ordered it. It was driven for about 6 months and then parked for some reason in the garage and not registered again for 7 years. Kind of a weird story. My '87 GN came from Sloan-Brothers Buick in Midland, TX, who are no longer there. I know both previous owners of the car very well and have all the sales paperwork, the window sticker, the build/broadcast sheet and all the factory manuals. It was built in August of 1987 and has about 98% of all the factory components. It still is in the Odessa/Midland area.
John

John, (jemook), are your wheels the reproduction aluminum ones on your GN? What size are they? All the same or what? They look magnificent! So good that I might change my mind from American Racing Torque Thrust IIs and purchase ones like yours.....just have to convince my wife first.:rolleyes:

Love both of your Buicks. Beautiful.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce,
Yes, they are the aluminum GN wheels. Fronts are 15" x 7" and the rears are 15" x 8". I bought them from Paul at Castle Performance (also known as World of Motorworks). The front tires are P235/60R15 and the rear tires are P255/60R15. Both are Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T radials. Look here on the forum Brakes and Suspension at the OFFCIAL:wheel/tire picture...show them off thread. On page 49 of the thread there are some other pictures of the car. The wheels and tires fit great, no mods whatsoever, just bolted them on. I don't have the T-Type anymore, I sold it when I got the GN, because I wanted a hardtop and my wife said I couldn't have two cars. One's all I can afford anyway.:cry:
John

Last edited:
Thanks, John, for the clarification. Went to the page you suggested, awesome car! Those wheels really sets it off, just looks different from the originals....and better, too.

Maybe you should have sold the T-Type to your wife...that way you'd each have "one" car!:D I would have LOVED to own your T-Type...it's beautiful.

Sorry you had to let it go. Thanks again for the wheel update......will talk to my wife later today.:whistle: I'll show her your car and get her opinion. (I can almost predict.........)

Bruce '87 Grand National

IMG_3072.JPG
Bought mine in 1988 as a past model PEP 3. Cost me $11,500 and some change. Still have it. It was one of my fleet cars, had less than 200 miles on it.

My GN came from New Jersey. I have no idea where but I think a dealer drove it since the first title wasn't issues until 10/10/90 according to car fax. By then it had 30k miles on it. Then it was auctioned off a few years later. My car was built in 12/87 just about 10 vin numbers off from the last one built.

Just some clarification, Ewing Buick was in Dallas, and now moved Plano, Tx. There was also Don Snell Buick, the original president of the LSPBC bought his GNX from Don Snell.

Tyson Buick Was in Fort Worth at the corner of University, and Jacksboro Hwy(It is some kind of annex for the ft worth ISD now). The GNX from them sat in the showroom well into 1988 and maybe beyond. I had heard the owner of Marvin Electronics purchased it. Another. friend of mine bought his 1986 T-Type from Tyson, He also had a TTA.

My WE4 came from Stephens Buick in Sunnny South Dallas on Hwy 67 just north of I20. I was told there were five ordered just like mine. Ive seen two others. Mine was bought feb 12, 1988. They had a GN with manual windows that I wanted but it was sold before I could get my money together. They also had a silver TR with a bench and chrome trim(looking back I wish I would have bought it) but I had my GS with the bench and be nineteen at the time wanted the sporty buckets. I had money on a demo GN with a moonroof at Alan Young Buick in FT worth(actually Richland Hills, Tx). They weren't happy when I wanted the deposit back to buy the WE4.

I had tried to buy a GN at Reynolds Buick in Irving on hwy 183. They jerked me around and thing they sold it as I never saw it again after they told me they were "making it ready" and gave me a Skylark to drive. I put a bunch of miles on it going to the dealer every day to be told it isn't ready yet. Finally after three weeks I told them give me my 1984 T-Type back as they didn't "get it ready". Shady folks trying to get over on a young guy who "didn't know any better". Lesson learned.

Vandergriff Buick in Arlington had a GNX in the showroom all roped off. They had a 1986 WH1 with t-tops and a maroon interior that the dealer had hopped up. Not sure where the GNX went.

It was a magical time for me. Young guy, new car and lots of fun.

Reactions: JDT
My first TB was a GN purchased at Doan Buick on 3/86 . I know of 4 other TB's purchased after a ride in my GN . 3 GN's and 1 WH1 . I know of one dealer that had 17 GN's on the lot in 87 with $2000 added to the sticker , he sold them all no problem !! A guy at the other GM plant here in Rochester bought 2 , one to drive , the other was delivered to his house unregistered and put under a cover for safe keeping .
My WH1 I believe came from Colorado , then Florida , up to Massachusetts , then to me in Ontario NY.

...A guy at the other GM plant here in Rochester bought 2 , one to drive , the other was delivered to his house unregistered and put under a cover for safe keeping....

I remember the Service Manager at Ray O'Neil Buick telling me that this kinda thing was happening :eek:

I remember the Service Manager at Ray O'Neil Buick telling me that this kinda thing was happening :eek:
At Delco Products , we made all of the electric motors in all GM vehicles and we knew in 83 that the G-body platform was ending in 87 and going to FWD . That was planned many years before and who knew that the Turbo Buick would become a legend !

Car bought in Ypsilanti MI buick dealership around the corner from my house. They had about 12 sitting outside. I knew nothing about GN's back then until a ford sales person mentioned only 1 car can beat the Mustang. My GN was a leased company car. You know what happened after lease was up bought it for $2,500.00.

Mine was Built June 87 and purchased new in October 87 at Archer Motors Nipawin Saskatchewan. Believe they closed their doors in 2004. I purchased the Buick from the second owner with 44000kms (documented) in Goderich Ontario in 2008. One of 80 Limiteds exported to Canada.

Last edited: