So, my son is in the other room...

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
He is 6years old.....I can hear him ask my wife "How do you spell LOVE?" and then I hear "How do you spell DAD?"

I have no idea what he is creating, but this will be one of the first times he shows true affection in words. He is always shy in terms of the LOVE word for some reason when we tell him. He really never says it back.

Ahhhhh. He just said "There is a Present for you on the counter." to my wife.

I will post a pic of what he has...Stay tuned.

Take advantage of it while you can.
I didnt use that word enough while they were growing up.
Now Im 41, I have a 24 and a 21 yr old rock hard pair of men for sons and the word "LOVE"?
What the hell is that?
Wish I would had maybe used it a bit more as they were growing up to be men.

Greeneye
I can totally understand that. I have 6 boys. The first 4 I didn't use it enough. They are the best men I could ask for! All have great jobs and there own families. But when I say love you it's like a foreign language. I have told them to use it way more than I ever did. We 2 more boys later in life and I try to use it a lot more and show more affection to them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So, we get this picture of the family and our eyes just welted up.
20161214_201002[1].jpg

Years from now you can ask him if he still thinks you all look like Jack O Lanterns. :D

When I was a kid, the L word was rarely used in our house. I made it a point to use it as much as possible with my kid. In fact he's 34 and I still tell him I love him. When I say that to my mother, she gets kind of quiet like she doesn't know what to say.

So, we get this picture of the family and our eyes just welted up.
View attachment 294700
My daughter drew a picture of herself , similar to that one when she was 6 and shortly after I became a single parent... A pic with the sun shining and a big smile on her face . Do what I did. FRAME it and hang it somewhere you can see it. You can look at it , as I did when life would throw me a curve ball as it does all,of us. With her on my mind, it always made things better. I still have it decades later. I love that pic.,

When I was a kid, the L word was rarely used in our house. I made it a point to use it as much as possible with my kid. In fact he's 34 and I still tell him I love him. When I say that to my mother, she gets kind of quiet like she doesn't know what to say.
Lost my mom to depression several months ago. Sure wish I had said it more to her. Had kids late in life, and have learned my lesson. I tell them more often. Thanks for the post(s) and the OP.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lost my mom to depression several months ago. Sure wish I had said it more to her. Had kids late in life, and have learned my lesson. I tell them more often. Thanks for the post(s) and the OP.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I am sorry for your loss.