Sneak Peak

nicely done Julio! ill have to buy me one of them. i hate having to make the car so rich in 1st and 2nd only to get good O2s in third.

Maybe this will help with our launching problem? It would be nice to ET what our cars are MPHing :)

BTW, any secrets on that cassette? :D

Mysteries of the universe :)

I think the 330 and top end can be helped..at least it wont flood the motor after it launches.. i'll post results..poor weather today..see if it holds out.

I like the Ebrake feature..looking at the pressure guage building boost..as soon as I let of the handle..swoosh goes the needle ;)

Yes I dont run an SMC kit antmore. Yes it will work with the SMC kit, but needs different output curve due to the linearity of both pumps is different. Example is the SMC pump on a number 4 line with an M15 jet makes about 70 PSI at 11 volts approx. Those that have a pressure guage can verify this by using a volt meter across the pump power terminals and looking at the guage.

The Shureflow pump under the same conditions will make the same PSI at 6 volts...becuase its bigger and more efficient..but scaling both these pumps is the problem...Consequently putting 12 volts on the shureflow pump with the regulator turned up..like 150 plus PSI..which is a hell of a spray pattern :eek:

My guage was a 0-100 and I pegged it at about 7-8 volts..:D

Post results as soon as I get some results.

sweet. Bob was tellin me at the track today it didnt work with the SMC kit but i hear now from the maker of it that it does. oh well more good news for me. we got time to "map my pumps linearity" right???

We have bigger fish to fry :)

I did a little run tonite on the highway..50 MPH roll..drop into third mashed the pedal...26 PSI boost, all the way up to 140 ish.. I was looking at the scanmaster it kept saying zero on the retard..so I kept my foot in it..740 O2's the whole way with 1650 EGT's and Zero knock from 50 -140..didnt take long :)

I was spraying pretty agressive tho..

I need a 200 PSI pressure guage methanol compatible...To read 150 PSI..need to find one..

So far so good...I wont forget the SMC users..

Hey, I got a look at Julio's gizmo last night........pretty impressive. Of course, you know me, it all pretty much went over my head. :eek:

I did a little run tonite on the highway..50 MPH roll..drop into third mashed the pedal...26 PSI boost, all the way up to 140 ish.. I was looking at the scanmaster it kept saying zero on the retard..so I kept my foot in it..740 O2's the whole way with 1650 EGT's and Zero knock from 50 -140..didnt take long

WOW!!!

Originally posted by Razor
We have bigger fish to fry :)

I did a little run tonite on the highway..50 MPH roll..drop into third mashed the pedal...26 PSI boost, all the way up to 140 ish.. I was looking at the scanmaster it kept saying zero on the retard..so I kept my foot in it..740 O2's the whole way with 1650 EGT's and Zero knock from 50 -140..didnt take long :)

I was spraying pretty agressive tho..

I need a 200 PSI pressure guage methanol compatible...To read 150 PSI..need to find one..

So far so good...I wont forget the SMC users..

this was with methanol or denatured? either way its stil badass. go julio!

Hey Razor that is sounding great! 1650 is the 'Razor's Edge :) for me when it comes to knock...

How much alchy are you using in a quarter now? Thought I remembered 10-12 ounces before?

You rock!:cool:

Julio

Hey, I enjoyed talking to you the other night at Bradenton. You probably don't remember but I asked you if I could borrow the TTA for my date next weekend and you grunted out a "yes" from under your dash board. So, what time can I get the car Friday? - BB:D

Thanks Tim..

BB..no problem..bring the proper documents..like 20k cash..and you can drive her all you want :D :D

Got a wild hair brain idea today..I was making a 2 bar controller for a GN and decided to make it progressive. That may eliminate the hesitation and still function better than a pressure switch telling it just to come on... two knobs.... a turn on and a pump speed..but the controller wont put out the pump speed till its at 15 PSI.. so instead of a comes on at 13 PSI make it come on at 8 and ramp up to whatever the knob is set at by the time its at 15 PSI .. Actually made the other one already was about to install it then decided on something a little different.. for a 12 second car this is all thats needed..probably to a mid 11 sec car.

I'll post results as soon as I get them on the PAC controller...I need to start figuring a way to measure how much alky is consumed..pressure and its mapping..and 1650 is a tight number..I think I may bump the FP up a pound and start adding timing..I'll find the limit. Still pretty wild 740's at 26 PSI and zero knock...alky rocks :D :D