Smoking blue aftet oil change

TurboSmart

I changed my oil change and right after starting the car, it smokes!!

I used a 5 quart jug, prefilled the oil filter.

Could it be that I overfilled?
Should I let it burn or drain a little?
As for drain it, remove a oil cooler line and crank, remove the oil filter, or crack open the drain plug a little?

Need more info on the motor? miles, oil wt, etc.

Its not going to smoke from 5qts or slightly over filled......

If the dip stik shows normal or a little high take it for a short drive then check the plugs for oil or rich condition.

wasn't smoking before the oil change.
only thing changed was to lower the fuel pressure

10w40 oil

plugs are r44ts recently installed and soon to be changed to r43ts

was on 50 psi.
lowered to 40

why?
my idle is way to rich

haven't driven the car after lowering the oil pressure. just started the car after the oil change.

other changes was to replace drivebelt to 5060630 and worked perfectly...tight fit but clears and no more tensioner clunking

You may just be burning off the excess on the plugs from the rich condition. Take it for a cruise then check and change the plugs see if the problem goes away.

you may want to reset your ECM so the Idle BLM can learn from the new fuel pressure.

well guys, after a good drive today and probably killing a couple of mosquitoes because the smoke the smoking ended.
calculating that i probably added 5 1/2 quarts aprox.
strange thing is that the plugs were clean, not oily.
So if I am not burning oil the turbo seal must be weak..right?

What was the oil weight prior to changing? And what did you change it to? If you went from thicker oil to less thicker oil then you might be burning because of tha.

Your oil pressure should have increased with the oil change and it may be affecting the turbo seal as you stated. Have you been able to examine the turbin side for oil? How many mile on the turbo and motor?

havent check the turbine.

Wierd thing is that only smoked for a couple of miles...after a couple of accel runs the smoke stopped.

I went from 30 to 40, sync both weights. Are turbo seals that picky?

dont know milleage, engine runs nice and pull strong, even with the pig rich and smoke

Your valve covers are sealing? Are your exhaust manifold bolts wet? If they are, your valve covers are leaking.

Another possibility is that when you dumped the oil in, it leaked past worn valve guides and/or valve stem seals and a little bit got into the combustion chamber. If it stopped after a few miles like you stated then I wouldn't sweat it.

havent check the turbine.

Wierd thing is that only smoked for a couple of miles...after a couple of accel runs the smoke stopped.

I went from 30 to 40, sync both weights. Are turbo seals that picky?

dont know milleage, engine runs nice and pull strong, even with the pig rich and smoke

The seals are not sensitive to normal oil pressure or type of oil, until they are on the edge of failing.

Sounds like the smoke has gone away?

The "seals" aren't seals at all. They are carbon steel rings with a gap. If they lost their tension they will leak oil into the exhaust/intake and leak exhaust and charge air into the crank case. The direction of flow is toward low pressure so there is leakage in all directions depending on the pressure differential under the operating conditions. The gaps are small and the oil is slung away from the leakage areas

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Can oil be poured in to fast in these? My 6.1 hemi will do this if oil is poured in too fast, some oil ends up in the intake.