Smoking after car has been sitting after a drive!

1986_GNAT

i just took the intake to throttle body off and i found this? i also took the inlet pipe to turbo off and theres no in and out shaft play but theres some side to side and thats clean. can it be bad valve seals or piston rings? i am getting engine oil into crankcase on valve cover breathers i think these baffled grommets were/are restricting also...please see pics and help me, please!

Attachments

• 20170516_192629.jpg
    20170516_192629.jpg
    781.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 20170515_215033.jpg
    20170515_215033.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 20170515_214851.jpg
    20170515_214851.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 234
Sorry if i put this in the wrong section, I posted this via my phone. Mods, please delete or move to proper location.

The soot inside the throttle body is not unusual. It's not wet oil so I would not be too concerned. Clean it up with some brake/parts cleaner.
Breathers and grommets should be wide open to allow crankcase pressure to escape under boost.

I predict every part of the engine will be blamed after a little time goes by in this thread. Many threads like this never get a resolution from the op.

The soot inside the throttle body is not unusual. It's not wet oil so I would not be too concerned. Clean it up with some brake/parts cleaner.
Breathers and grommets should be wide open to allow crankcase pressure to escape under boost.

Hi Rick,

one if these days when i save a little bit im gonna stop by you so you can do some checking for me.

I just ordered the standard motor PCV242 part, and new breathers without the baffled grommets in the meantime.

Thank you Rick! These new ones are baffle-less but if by some chance they arent, ill cut the restrictions off.

Update* after replacing the pcv valve, installing the new breathers with unrestricted grommets and pcv hose i idled the car and didnt notice anymore blue smoke after idling it for a while. *crosses fingers*